Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Improve reliability when registering for push notifications
- Small performance improvements when connecting to bouncers
- Fix issue where chat previews could disappear
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Functional but crashes
some ok features but somewhat clumsy and crashing a lot, features stop working between updates which are few in number lately
Constant hidden text issue
Everything I type past about 5 words is hidden. Possibly related to increased font size for accessibility? Makes it impossible to use. Great otherwise
dreadful but works
this is the best that they can come up with on the ipad and iphone? this is missing features that mIRC has had since version 1.0! like for example a button that turns off the useless automatic timeout that cannot distinguish between being connected to the cellphone network and the wifi network! if i wanted it to disconnect from the wifi network i would just QUIT THE PROGRAM! instead every 15 minutes or so i have to switch back to colloquoy just to keep it connected to irc so i can stay up to date with the latest conversation, this behaviour breaks over 10 years of tradition of me starting mIRC and checking in every hour or two or just leaving mIRC run for all night and me checking it in the morning, i hate this app and every other irc client on the apps store, the worst part is that ive had to buy 3 apps just to find out that this heaping pile is the best that you will get, oh gee here we go again, another few bucks wasted on a useless ap!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.