The Convict Road App brings the history of the Old Great North Road World Heritage site alive. Hear from National Parks and Wildlife Service Ranger Sarah Brookes, discover the secrets of the Old Great North Road and immerse yourself in the past as you follow in the footsteps of the convicts, soldiers and government officials who built the Road. Featuring two walks, short films about the convict experience and expert commentary, this App is a must for anyone interested in Australia’s convict past.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful way to explore
What a great way to explore this amazing history. The characters involved come out of history and tell their stories in rich video along your journey, along with people involved in the road in the present day to tell you all about it. Fantastic way to learn and get engaged with history.
great information - very easy to use
- Office of Environment and Heritage NSW
- 484 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.