DBT Diary Card is the only DBT iPhone app designed and created by a licensed and DBT intensively trained psychologist.
Highlights of version 3.0:
+ graphing data across time
+ on device PDF viewing
+ daily reminders
+ Password locking to prevent others from seeing your diary cards.
Read what our actual users say:
"***** Best DBT app available!!!
Simply put, this is the most helpful DBT or CBT app available. I bought a new iPhone to be able to use it. DBT skills are priceless. I had tried every, other DBT and CBT app. This one follows the traditional DBT program exactly, and is the only Diary Card. Before I had this app, I'd seldom fill in my diary card. Now that I have it, I don't have to keep track of paper, and I rarely miss a day. I can fill in my Diary Card discreetly, from anywhere, anytime, and send it directly to my DBT coach. I no longer have to worry about someone coming across my Diary Cards. You can brush up on skills, use it for distress tolerance suggestions, tailor it to your needs, and even journal. I appreciate that I can add personal goals to my diary. Thank you for this app!" - iTunes US Review
"***** I am in IRL-DBT and this app is the perfect complement. Oh. I love that the app is so flexible, that you can make it kind of your own, and the layout is so nice, simple, yet beautiful. For me, a true life-saver! Genius! Without a doubt the best app in my IPhone... Get it now!" - iTunes Sweden Review
"***** Perfect! Worth the money!" - iTunes US Review
As an educated consumer, it's important to know to whom you're listening. DBT Diary Card was created by a Ph.D. psychologist trained directly by Dr. Marsha Linehan and at the Duke University Medical Center; we are experts in DBT, providing consultation to many in our community. And now we're giving it to you!
A DBT app can have 3 parts:
- A reference manual
- A behavior tracker
- A skills coach
DBT Diary Card has all 3 of these parts and utilizes the iOS platform in ways that the other apps available don't and can't.
+ PDF generation
+ Notification Pane support
+ Password protection
+ Advanced text editing
+ Media playback
What DBT Diary Card has to offer:
- Skills. LOTS of them. Every DBT skill you've ever heard about in a group is in here. It can be your quick reference to your skills so that you don't have to carry around your book or binder. Every skill is described in readable language to help you understand them easily and it's all just a quick tap away.
- Emotions. All the "basic" emotions are presented, again with descriptions and explanations a quick tap away.
- Behaviors. The most troublesome are pre-loaded.
- Coaching. If you know you need to use a skill but can't think of which one or can't remember how to choose, use the app. The coaching can be your virtual therapist.
- Complete customizability. Are you working on something different or do you have a different understanding of a particular skill or emotion? Change it. It's that easy. You are not wedded to the way it's presented in the app. It's all completely customizable.
- 911 skills. Put your emergency skills a tap away. You can call directly from the app, listen to your distress tolerance music, remember what apps help in the moment.
- Email. You can email your therapist your diary card on a weekly basis automatically, you can do it manually whenever you'd like or you can have the app remind you.
* Telephony features require an iPhone and voice service.
We periodically update the app to fix bugs and create a better experience for the users.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic solution for those who loose paper!!
When I first downloaded the app it kept crashing, I emailed the support staff and was pleasantly surprised when they replied not even two minutes later! :)
So, as suggested I my phone and it still wasn't working, so then I did as they suggested and uninstalled/reinstalled the app and I happy to report the app is now working.
I just logged my first diary card - and as someone who has ADHD as one of my many conditions, my number one problem in group was loosing/forgetting my diary card. I have actually moved into a totally paperless existence for that reason (bills, medical documents and all) and so have registered my Evernote account email address as well as my therapists, so the diary card will be sent automatically to my Evernote database, which means I will be able to access all my past diary cards from *any device, any where* and never have to worry about loosing them if my phone crashes etc.
In fact, having the definitions handy and being able to refer to skills on the go makes it even better than the paper one. I know a lot of others have problems with this too - cant wait to tell them all about it next week :)
There is a problem in the calendar that need to be fixed .
Thank you so much for this app. I have been doing DBT since January this year after a couple of failed attempts last year. I found it difficult to use a paper diary card and often forgot or ended up writing anything down so it looked like I had done it properly! I had this app for a while and was a bit wary about using it as I thought I would just be doubling up on inputting things! Technology came up in an individual therapy session and we decided to trial using the app and emailing diary cards every week. Well we haven't looked back! I can see trends, I can view descriptions of the skills I should be using and I can add notes which I NEVER did with a hard copy DBT Diary card. This app is amazing and is definitely making a difference in my life.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Durham DBT, Inc.
- 42.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Durham DBT, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.