Please Note: You must be able to login directly to the http://www.echo360.org website before you can use the mobile apps. Please make sure you can do this. If you can not please contact your university helpdesk for help with your account.
Instructors and students using Echo360’s active learning platform can now use Echo360’s streamlined design and intuitive interface to view lecture slides, watch course videos on-demand, and even capture and upload video content and publish it to the platform.
- View lecture slides
- Interact with in class polls
- Watch dual-stream HD video presentations and lectures on-demand
- Capture instructional videos right from the application
- Share fieldwork videos in subjects that get outside the traditional classroom or demonstrate practical competency in the field
- Enhance your course library with mobile learning content that can be shared in Echo360
Additional App Notes:
- Users must be registered within the Echo360’s newest active learning platform to use the Echo360 mobile app.
- The app supports video uploads in MP4, M4V, 3GP, and AVI files formats
* Fixes issue with pausing playback from iOS control center
* Fixes button issues with video playback on small devices
* Fixes stability issues with questions and responses
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some optimising...
Overall, the app doesn’t seem to be optimised and isn’t compatible with some of the iPad’s gestures and features.
For one, I am unable to watch any videos in ‘Picture in Picture’ mode on the iPad. Also, whenever I open this app in split view with another app, a menu appears and blocks about 1/3 of the video.
I’d recommend iPad users to skip on this app and just to watch the videos on safari. At least then, you can watch videos in ‘Picture in Picture mode’.
Everything works fine except "+" button
I have an iPad Mini (I'm not quite sure which version though) and everything works fine EXCEPT for the plus button, which is what you are supposed to use to add a bookmark or a note on a video. I don't use this function but it would be nice to at least have that option. The videos play much better in the Echo360 app than the safari web browser for me.
Developer Response ,
We test the app on iPad mini's and are not able to reproduce the issue you describe. If you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ipad version and ios version we can try to reproduce.
Video pause is buggy...
Everything else works fine for the most part, but when I pause a video, it spontaneously un-pauses, especially when I switch to another app. I’ll pause, press the home button to minimise the app, then a few seconds later the video will resume in the background. It even happens sometimes when I leave the app open with my iPad on, with the video paused. I’ll come back later and the video will have started playing again. Very annoying.
Developer Response ,
We are investigating the issue and we are sorry about it. We released an update last week that should have improved the situation. We are continuing to work on it though and hope to have a hotfix soon to address the remaining issues.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.