Eggy Words 250 is an application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This app covers the first 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading – comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words 250 is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 10 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 250 sight words.
- First 4 levels are unlocked
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
Update to work with 64-bit.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good as part of a few apps used together
The app is a good start as it focuses on teaching the most commonly used and basic words for early reading and beyond. As a stand alone app, your child might get bored soon but if you add it to a mix of others to keep things fresh it will be a great addition. We have many of the "Eggy" apps and find find them great as diversions and additions to the online Reading Eggs program. My 5yo son has been using all or most of these for six weeks and I'm astonished at his progress just as he nears the start of primary school. For a challenge to my 5yo, we had to turn the difficulty up high but that was the only way to keep his attention. I do agree with other comments on the reverse reward system; the sound and visual effects are so much more interesting when you lose so turn up the difficulty to focus the challenge elsewhere!
Great app! Easy to use for my 4 year old, and it has improved his vocab tremendously. Only suggestion is could you please let us know what the requirements are to achieve each trophy. We have completed all the levels, but need to achieve a few more trophies, and my 4 year old is really keen to get them all. Thanks
Great tool for kids starting school as they need to learn and know these words. My 5yo loves it. Learning comes naturally through play.
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 88.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.