Used by over 20 million children, this app features alphabet games, spelling games, phonics activities, word puzzles, nursery rhymes, and over 3,500 story books for kids.
ABC Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced Australian teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities and over 3,500 e-books.
ABC Reading Eggs has already helped over 20 million children worldwide learn to read.
Access all our premium learning programs for up to four children:
• ABC Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos and read-aloud books.
• ABC Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension.
• Fast Phonics (ages 5–10): A systematic, synthetic phonics program to help emergent and struggling readers build key phonics skills.
• ABC Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• ABC Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns and more.
ABOUT THE ABC READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
• TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by Australian educators.
• SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
• HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets and games, motivating children to keep learning.
• RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
• COMPREHENSIVE: ABC Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2–13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension.
• PROVEN RESULTS: our hundreds of testimonials, multiple awards, 91% success rate AND money-back guarantee gives you the confidence in knowing that your child will learn to read using the most effective and results-driven online reading curriculum.
• SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
• LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access ABC Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• iPad (5th Generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 1st Generation
• iPad Mini 4
• iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st Generation)
• iOS 12.2+
• An active trial or subscription
Recommended devices and iOS version:
• Latest iPad, Latest iPad Air, Latest iPad Pro
• Latest iPad Mini
• Latest iPhone
• Latest iOS Version
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each ABC Reading Eggs and ABC Mathseeds subscription provides access to ABC Reading Eggs Junior, ABC Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics, ABC Reading Eggspress and ABC Mathseeds
• Each ABC Reading Eggs subscription provides access to ABC Reading Eggs Junior, ABC Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics and ABC Reading Eggspress
• The first month of a monthly subscription is free
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your App Store account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your App Store account settings
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.com.au/terms/
We’ve sprayed a few bugs and cleared out the cobwebs to help make your child’s learning journey even more egg-cellent!
The ABC Reading Eggs Learn to Read app features hundreds of fun reading, spelling and alphabet games, along with phonics activities, word puzzles and over 3,500 e-books for your little Eggsplorer to enjoy! The app includes ABC Reading Eggs Junior (for toddlers and preschoolers), Fast Phonics (covers key phonics skills in depth), ABC Reading Eggspress (covers spelling and comprehension) and ABC Mathseeds (for early mathematics skills).
Ratings and Reviews
My daughter loves both reading eggs and math seeds. It’s a great app with lots of levels and games to keep kids engaged. Mathseeds seems to assume a base level of literacy though which is not great for younger children. My daughter for example is 3 and loves maths, she knows all her numbers and shapes but can’t read the words when the numbers are written in words (eg seven instead of 7), making it very difficult for her to complete some levels without help, though she can answer when it’s read to her.
(Edit: I of course sit with her while she does the activities but for the mathseeds levels that rely on the written word, I basically need to do them for her which seems silly when her number knowledge is sufficient for her to move on through the levels and it’s her literacy skills holding her back.)
We’ve not experienced the sound issue others mention, though we’ve definitely noticed the app is not as responsive on older devices as it is on newer ones. My main complaint would be that it’s annoying how the app logs out basically every time you close the app. It would be great if you could stay permanently logged in.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your daughter is enjoying the program.
In the initial parts of the program, we do strongly recommend parents to sit with their children to complete the lessons. This is because of the fact that kids are unable to read the instructions.
You are required to login each time you access the program through the App as this is a security feature.
Please contact customer service at email@example.com for further queries.
Reading Eggs Team
Excellent but so many bugs
My son loves this app and has learned to read from it. He loves lessons and activities and we have seen him learn to read in just a few months of using this app every day. He has been using this since 2 years old and is now 4, and he learned most things he knows from here. He can mostly operate it by himself which is great for busy parents, although when he was younger he needed help.
The biggest issue with this app is the bugs that often occur. We have tried deleting and downloading it again but still the app will freeze or log out every few minutes.
If you could fix this issue it would be perfect.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed review, we are glad you have seen progress in your son's reading with the program! We are so sorry to hear you are experiencing these bugs. These are not known to occur on a compatible device when it is set up correctly! We would love if you could reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with some more details about your device and the bugs you experience, so we can resolve these for you an improve your experience of the program! Looking forward to hearing from you, Kind Regards, Reading Eggs Team.
Just taught our 2 1/2 year old daughter to read
This app is the one you want !!! If you wanna teach your child to read. Our daughter can now read very basic books due to this program. It’s one hell of a grind, but our daughter is 2 1/2. So a 4 or 5 year old would smash it out a lot faster, but seeing a 2 1/2 year old read is mind blowing. Hey Dev, just one thing that I would like to add is the off shoots of your program make it a bit busy, less is more !!! If you have too many distractions from the main program, kids will gravitate towards that and we have what is called ‘Opportunity Cost’. Your program is great, it works, our 2 1/2 year old daughter is proof of that ! And I think you gotta find ways for these off shoots to come back to the main program.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your great review and detailed feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this information, and your generous star rating! We will certainly pass this information to our development team. We are so glad to hear your daughter has found a love for reading with the program and we hope you continue to enjoy it together! Happy Eggsploring!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 234.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs+Mathseeds Monthly $18.99
- Reading Eggs Monthly $13.99
- Reading Eggs+Mathseeds Yearly $149.99
- Reading Eggs Yearly $109.99