Designed to help children recognise and learn sight words!
Eggy Words 250 is an application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This app covers the first 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading – comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words 250 is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 10 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 250 sight words.
- First 4 levels are unlocked
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
Updated to support latest iPhone devices. Some under-the-hood optimisations to improve security and performance.
Ratings and Reviews
I just bought this apps but I couldn't open at all, waste of money !!!
The App will not open, just an error message. Do not purchase.
Levels confusing and child can progress to hard words without doing easier words first.
I love reading eggs but was a bit disapointed with the app. The levels in the beginning are unlocked and it is not clear which game contains what level of words. It keeps the kids attention but I don't think they are learning anything as they jump from one word to another without getting the three eggs and revealing a puzzle piece. It would be good if parents could go into settings and select words for the kids that they want them to learn or they had to finish one word before changing to the next. It would also be good if there was a parent screen where you could see what words the kids had done. It is also unclear to the kids that you have to get three eggs to get a puzzle piece. Love the game though, a bit like squash ant but with words, I would much rather the kids were doing this than mindless rubbish.
PS I just downloaded the free eggy 100 to compare and it is much better as the levels are locked! I should have just done that one first!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 67.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.