EGW Writings application enables you to read and search the complete published writings of Ellen G. White, the King James Version of the Bible and Noah Webster’s American Dictionary. EGW Writings is the newest version of our successful EGW Free iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch application developed by the Ellen G. White Estate.
What’s new in Version 5:
Syncing of Study Center data and user history through EGW Cloud
Updated bookshelf layout
Updated reader layout
New reader toolbar
Additional color themes and much more
About the author
Ellen G. White (1827-1915) is considered the most widely translated American author. Her works having been published in more than 160 languages. Guided by the Holy Spirit, she exalted Jesus and pointed to the Scriptures as the basis of one’s faith. Ellen White wrote on a wide variety of spiritual and practical topics, from spiritual, to health, education, ministry, financial and marital advice. Her best known most translated work is Steps to Christ, followed by the 5 conflict of the ages series: Patriarchs and Prophets, Prophets and Kings, Desire of Ages, Acts of the Apostles, and The Great Controversy. Ellen G. White is also credited as the co-founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
* 121 Ellen G. White title’s
* Complete Published Writings title list: http://www.whiteestate.org/cdrom/cdrom.asp
* 6-volume Ellen G. White biography
* 17 Ellen G. White Devotionals
* 167 Ellen G. White Pamphlets
* 5,000 Ellen G. White Periodical articles
* 8386 Letters and Manuscripts File
* 12 Ellen G. White Miscellaneous Collections
* 21-volume Ellen G. White Manuscript Releases
* King James Version Bible
* 1828 Noah Webster’s American Dictionary
* App now supports 98 languages
* Read or search either online or offline
* Sync reading and listening history with EGW Cloud
* Sync Study Center with EGW Cloud
* New Bookshelf layout with customizable display
* Access to 7 Bible translations
* Quick direct access to an EGW book/page or paragraph using search (e.g. Education or Ed; Education 57 or Ed 57; Education 57.2 or Ed 57.2)
* Vertical or horizontal reading view available
* Quick reference access to the Bible using the abbreviated book codes. Also, you can go exactly to the chapter and verse if desired. (e.g. Jn, Jn 3, Jn 3:16)
* Navigate to any Bible verse quickly by tapping on the header while in the Bible to move to another verse.
* Horizontal left/right swipes to navigate to next/previous chapter
* Copy and paste text into other applications
* Add bookmarks to any Bible verse or EGW paragraph
* Search for highlighted words or phrases.
* Book reference location is always visible in the title bar.
* Search for words or “phrases” in the entire EGW library or KJV Bible
* Fast indexed search results with easy-scroll access to hits
* Easy navigation to search results highlighted within the chapter
* Daily Devotional Readings
* In EGW books all Bible references are hyperlinked
* Look up definitions in Dictionary
* Study Center: Bookmarks, Highlights, Notes
* Highlighting with 16 million colors
* Add bookmarks and highlights to topic folders
* Reading and audiobooks history
* Email or share a quote on Facebook, Twitter or other supported social networking apps
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App, But Some Suggestions
This app is awesome, especially when you're visually impaired. The text adjustment is really helpful. The night mode is helpful too! I'll like to make some suggestions...
1. LARGER TEXT SIZES
The text size is great but sometimes being visually impaired means your vision may fluctuate. Some days it's really good and some days it's bad.
I go to prayer meetings on Wednesdays and we read the great controversy. When my vision is bad I have to slouch over and strain my eyes, and having my face about 5 centre meters from the device. I use an iPad which has a 9.7 inch display.
So it would be really helpful if the developers would be able to make the text sizes larger.
As visually impaired people contrast is very helpful, the night mode is great but I would like customisable contrast settings. Like changing the text colour and background colour.
Voiceover is very helpful but when reading books voiceover won't work on text. I know there's a listen option, it's your choice if you want to add voiceover compatibly.
I hope you can take consideration for visually impaired people, and add more accessibility features.
Thanks! God bless
What a beautiful gift to have and use regularly on my iPhone.
Many is the time I have been able to access quotes from religious materials and read them in context.
I have found the app really easy to use and navigate through. I love the reading record of what you have read in the past. It’s so easy to go there and continue from where you left off.
A huge thank you to the developers of this much appreciated resource. It is so helpful to me in my walk with the Lord.
God bless you each one and all who use this app.
Great concept, but recent glitches
I love this app and I’ve been using it for quite some time. Unfortunately, recently there have been a lot of glitches. First my subscriptions didn’t show up properly. I would receive a notification that a subscription had arrived, but when I attempted to access it, nothing was there. Now it appears all the books have disappeared from my library with no apparent way to bring them back. I also found that my highlights have disappeared. I’ve tried logging out and in again but nothing seems to work. It’s gotten to be point where I can no longer use the app for any real purpose. I hope these problems can be fixed as I have loved the app in the past and it’s a wonderful way to read and study Mrs White’s writing.
- Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.
- 254.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.