Ferrite is the award-winning app you need for creating podcasts, radio journalism, or other professional voice production work — lectures, speeches, voiceovers and more.
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With its time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade to Pro and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. You have full control over each track’s volume and panning, and can Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voiceovers).
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio.
• (iPad only) Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock many additional tools, including:
• Record up to 8 channels at once (with iOS 13 and compatible audio interface)
• Prepare your audio for production with Noise Reduction and Auto Levelling.
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as EQ, Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging.
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix.
• Tighten Audio can automatically take out awkward pauses and gaps.
• Producing a podcast or series? Create a template to get each new episode off to a flying start.
• Found the perfect settings for an effect or tool? Save them as a Preset for re-use in other projects.
• Audio Unit Extensions: if you have other apps installed that provide effects as Audio Unit Extensions, they’ll show up in Ferrite, where you can add them to tracks or projects.
Note: Split View and Slide Over require a recent iPad. Please see our support pages for more details on compatibility. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
• Reliability and user-experience improvements
Ratings and Reviews
An amazing app that I edit my whole podcast on, has support for listed and unlisted chapters with each chapter having support for unique cover art and hyperlinks, so powerful and podcasts taking advantage of all these features absolutely shine on players like overcast… BUT! A feature that is absolutely missing from the app is that you can’t set a playback speed for editing, it makes doing long podcast recordings an absolute pain to listen to when you are just listening for major issues. Or if you like to give your finalised episode one last quick once over to make sure it’s ready for export. The only option you have is 1x playback speed, this absolutely needs to change for it to be considered a 5 star app.
Also a “listed in table of contents” toggle for each chapter in the chapter list view would not go astray, tis a pain to go into each chapter individually to make sure the “heading and subheading” nature of hi end podcast production is being upheld. Forecast on macOS for example will list all chapters with a checkbox next to the chapter name for inclusion in table of contents.
Powerful app and amazing customer service
I’ve been using this app for over 6 months and encountered my first issue today - customer service was amazing and helped me fix the issue.
Good but annoying
Good and simple, great quality recording tool.
Incredibly annoying and intrusive internal advertising for a next level upgrade.
Two parts of the screen are taken by a REMINDER that you still haven’t paid for extra features, which you obviously don’t need...
Reminder on app start, reminder here, reminder there...
I fully understand how the developers make money and that it’s good to be informed about available additional features.
However this app takes to the extreme, clearly assuming that you’ll be so annoyed by the constant pop ups and slide ins that one day, for the sake of sanity, you’ll buy the features you will never use.
A footnote - I have contacted the developer with this issue and haven’t heard back, so I decided to write this review.
I have replied to your email.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Ferrite has one reminder, in the Library screen, at the bottom of the list of files (so, if you have more than a few recordings/projects it will scroll off the bottom of the screen screen). It's not a pop-up, so it doesn't block access to using the app. And that's it — otherwise, Ferrite will only mention the upgrade where there are features or settings you haven't paid for (for example, if you try to add effects or automation to a track, or go to a settings page for features you haven't paid for). I'm sorry to hear that this annoys you — unfortunately, it's necessary because otherwise people wouldn't know why the features/settings weren't available. PS I checked our inbox but I couldn't find any unanswered email matching this description, perhaps either your email or my response got caught in a spam filter?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wooji Juice Ltd
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Wooji Juice
- In-App Purchases
- Ferrite 2 Pro $46.99
- Ferrite 2 Pro $22.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.