Ferrite is the award-winning app you need for creating podcasts, radio journalism, or other professional voice production work — lectures, speeches, voice-overs and more.
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade to Pro and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. You have full control over each track’s volume and panning, and can Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voiceovers).
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio.
• (iPad only) Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock many additional tools, including:
• Preview at up to 2× speed
• Prepare your audio for production with Noise Reduction and Auto Levelling.
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as EQ, Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging.
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix.
• Tighten Audio can automatically take out awkward pauses and gaps.
• Producing a podcast or series? Create a template to get each new episode off to a flying start.
• Add cover art, chapters and more.
• Found the perfect settings for an effect or tool? Save them as a Preset for re-use in other projects.
• Audio Unit Extensions: if you have other apps installed that provide effects as Audio Unit Extensions, they’ll show up in Ferrite, where you can add them to tracks or projects.
• Advanced search, smart folders, and template folders.
• Various user-experience & reliability improvements
In Ferrite 3.0:
New features for Ferrite 3 Pro customers:
• Preview at up to 2× speed
• Playback Scrubbing
• Advanced Search
• Custom Smart Folders
• Template Folders
• And much more...
New and improved for all users:
• Clean, modernised UI, including:
• Easier-to-use controls in many panels
• New: Unified search
• New: Side Bar (iPad)
Ratings and Reviews
An amazing app that I edit my whole podcast on, has support for listed and unlisted chapters with each chapter having support for unique cover art and hyperlinks, so powerful and podcasts taking advantage of all these features absolutely shine on players like overcast… BUT! A feature that is absolutely missing from the app is that you can’t set a playback speed for editing, it makes doing long podcast recordings an absolute pain to listen to when you are just listening for major issues. Or if you like to give your finalised episode one last quick once over to make sure it’s ready for export. The only option you have is 1x playback speed, this absolutely needs to change for it to be considered a 5 star app.
Also a “listed in table of contents” toggle for each chapter in the chapter list view would not go astray, tis a pain to go into each chapter individually to make sure the “heading and subheading” nature of hi end podcast production is being upheld. Forecast on macOS for example will list all chapters with a checkbox next to the chapter name for inclusion in table of contents.
Great Out The Box
I’m an upstart content creator so I record audio through the iPad mic then make videos using Lumafusion. iPad audio in a room with no sound insulation is pretty bad, but not with Ferrite.
No other app has such good audio out the box. Whatever magic the software does works great, and Ive been able to start growing my channel and social media following with little equipment.
Deeply Disappointed- Longtime User
Having bought and used the app for years explicitly to have the extended recording time, only to have you charge me another $30 just to keep the feature after enforcing an update. An update that introduced the most marginal of quality of life improvements that a reputable and ethical developer would have included, vanishingly small benefits.
A deeply embarassing, anti-user shake down, especially as you only open the app to do a recording, meaning you don’t find out until it’s critical.
I’ll be actively seeking other options in future if this is the behaviour and ethics you represent as a company.
Developer Response ,
Hello! There seems to be some misunderstanding, if you purchased an upgrade in an earlier version of Ferrite, you can continue to use that upgrade in Ferrite 3, with all the features that it enabled. There is no need to pay more, unless you wish to buy new features (that you had not bought previously). Please ensure that you’re signed in to the App Store with the same account you originally purchased the upgrade with, as otherwise, the App Store won’t be able to find your purchase. Some features may have moved, so if you need assistance finding a feature, please contact us directly via the Customer Support link inside the app. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wooji Juice Ltd
- 26.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2023 Wooji Juice
- In-App Purchases
- Ferrite 2 Pro $46.99
- Ferrite 2 Pro to Ferrite 3 Pro $22.99
- Ferrite 3 Pro $46.99
- Ferrite 2 Pro $22.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.