Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Featured by Product Hunt
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
• Bug Fixes and Minor Changes
• Screen Optimization for New Devices
• Improved Stability
• Bug Fix for Wrong Display Screen Size
Ratings and Reviews
This app is terrific, the one I've stuck with after trying a couple (and buying two, including this one). It helps keep the time, and the daily goal is surprisingly motivating. Nice interface, easy to use and understand.
Although most apps of this type function pretty much the same, I particularly enjoy being able to track progress with charts showing you how many you've done in comparison to the past 14 and 30 days on this one. It's nice being able to customise the sound after purchasing the full edition, though it would be nice to be able to set it to play a playlist instead of one specific song over and over again.
Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a pomodoro timer app to help keep their work on track!
Works well, looks great
The pomodoro technique is a great was to get through large writing projects, and I've found this app to be the best pomodoro I've tried. It has enough features to keep me on track and motivated without being obtrusive or a distraction in itself. It's intuitive to use and looks super cute. Has really helped me keep on track in this years NaNoWriMo.
Superb app with some missing needed features
Hats off to the developers for a fantastic app. Tried a whole bunch of others that just didn't quite pull it off like this app has.
If these features were to be added, it would be the perfect app (5 stars):
1. Assign a task or purpose to the pomodoro so when you glance at the remaining time in the pomodoro you are reminded on what you should be focusing on (Possibly review or track this in the charts section?).
2. Assign project or life area of focus to pomodoro ( i.e. "Personal", "work", "health", and "social" etc.) so in the charts section you can get a breakdown on the areas of your life you are putting more effort into compared to the others (presented in pie chart?).
2. Sync across ipad and iPhone so you can continue where you left off on your other device.
3. Apple watch support.
Looking forward to your future developments Dev(s), you're helping my productivity immensely. Thankyou!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.