If you are using your computer to watch movies or listen to music, this app is for you.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a friendly yet powerful remote control for your computer.
Control your computer from the couch, bed, or even from another room. No line of sight is required - the app uses WiFi to connect to your computer. And you can even use Apple Watch to control your computer - how cool is that?!
Setup is both quick and easy, download the helper app from my website and install it on your computer, and that's it.
The app exists since 2016 and has been downloaded more than 2 million times and received very positive reviews both from users and from the press. It's actively maintained and receives frequent updates with new and exciting features.
- Control media playback in popular apps and websites
- Use your device like computer keyboard and mouse
- See your computer screen on your device
- Control AirPlay output (audio/video) [Mac only]
- Launch and quit apps
- Execute system actions like Sleep, Turn Display Off, and many more
- Open websites
- Schedule and use Siri to execute actions
- Create custom keypads to control apps and websites
- Add custom actions using scripting languages (AppleScript for Mac/Powershell for Windows)
- High customization of the app & widget interface
- History of connected devices for quicker re-connection
- Wake On LAN
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or newer
- PC with Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Free helper app, available at https://cherpake.com/get
- Shared network connection, WiFi or Personal Hotspot, see https://cherpake.com/connect
* [FIX] Reconnecting
* [FIX] Crashes when live view is enabled
* [FIX] Better indication that app is showing favorite apps
* [FIX] Saving live view screenshot to Photos
* [FIX] Minor UI issues
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I wanted
I was initially a little skeptical with the price but decided to give it a go.
Without a doubt I can now say it’s worth the price and more.
Has a lot of super useful functions and it’s VERY easy to set up. Not fussing about.
My favorite features are the touch-screen to touch-pad, letting me navigate the screen very easily and naturally using my phones screen. And then on top of that having the ability to mirror my laptop screen onto my phone while using the phone as a touch-pad. This is perfect for when I’m far away from my TV (having my laptop HDMI to the TV, and my phone using the app to control the laptop) and an ad comes up with the tiny little X to close it. With the mirror feature it’s very easy to make those precise mouse movements, tap to click, and off you go.
It also has built in control modes with custom buttons.
I haven’t even explored everything this app can do, but I’m thoroughly impressed. Functional. User friendly. To the point.
Developer Response ,
Great app with active developer
Not only does this app make it just as easy to use your Mac from your phone, but actually manages to streamline a lot of functions with simple taps from a functions menu. And the app even comes with a list of menus for different scenarios such as when watching Netflix, that when selected show a specialised input screen with features tailored to that situation. But best of all is the fact that the developer has been putting out a steady stream of updates since I got the app a year ago, completely transforming the app, and thus still giving me more value for my purchase all his time later.
Great app for Home Theatre MAC
Setting up my MacBook connected to the TV and needed something to drive it. Was using a wireless keyboard and trackpad but that just feels like overkill and takes up half my coffee table. This app does the trick and more, keeps it simple but gives great flexibility in what and how you can drive each app and overall control.
Would take off 0.1 star because the custom icon I’ve set for Automator applications I’ve written isn’t carried across into the app here. But that would be petty.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 34.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 15.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Evgeny Cherpak