This digital format THRASS PICTURECHART is a multisensory teaching tool for accessing the 44 phonemes of spoken English and the 120 most common graphemes of written English.
It is simple to use and has numerous interactive functions allowing users to:
- Easily flip between the consonant and vowel sections of the chart
- Activate the audio option to hear selected letter names and phonemes
- Tap to expand the selected phoneme box or letter box
- Tap the * to display a dropdown box listing words containing additional spelling choices (GCAs) for each phoneme.
This resource presumes the user has a basic understanding of the THRASS methodology, terminology and charts, and is intended for use interchangeably with the hardcopy THRASS PICTURECHART.
Fix an issue with word list popovers clipping text on some devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Broken on newer devices
I have two iPads in the house. My daughter's one (an older unit) and mine, an M1 based iPad Pro). The app works fine on my daughter's iPad however refuses to play audio on the iPad Pro.
Great addition to the THRASS resources. Now I can have a THRASS chart with me at all times and I'll never get the pronunciation wrong again. I especially like to GCA examples for each phoneme group.
Very disappointed with the Thrass app! You would think for such an amazing teaching tool, the app is not a great reflection of it. Would be beneficial investing more into this. Perhaps, the ability to select individual pictures and spelling choices.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- THRASS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
- 77.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © The THRASS Institute (Australasia & Canada)
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.