Meet Libby. Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand.
1. Fish out your library card
2. Open the Libby app
3. Find your local library
4. Search, sample, borrow, enjoy
It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading.
• Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
• Stay signed in for as long as you like
• Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
• Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
• Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio
• All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
• Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
• Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
Notifications are now available in Libby! In this 3.0.3 release, we have also made some changes that improve touch support throughout the app on iPads in iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
There’s only one thing easier than visiting the library: bringing it to you. Meet Libby, an app that lets you log in to your local library to access ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines, all for the reasonable price of free. Sign in, link your library card, and go—it’s that simple.
Libby the avid reader’s App
A big jump from the earlier Overdrive, reliable & intuitive.
I love the way one can manage a list of books read, personally rate ie Tag. This is a good way to manage ‘holds’ too when too many arrive together - just give them the right Tag and Return to the library for other readers and place a hold again. The Activity list is simple and can be edited down as chosen with Tags showing. This is a great way to navigate a series.
Audio books are great too. There’s only one bump in this & that is that occasionally the book marks drop off~ so one needs to be aware of this.
I’ve used the Help Support for Libby and that too was very prompt and efficient.
Really good but one thing I really don’t get
This is a really good app because there are so many books that you can read for free, without even having to get up and do anything.
But I really don’t understand why only ONE person can read an ebook at a time. It’s an EBOOK. Maybe it’s for some sort of copyright reason, I don’t know. But it’s not like it’s a physical book and it’s passed down to every person that needs it. Please make it so that more than one person can read it at a time, so I don’t have to wait for a month to read the book.
But other than that problem, this is a really good app and I recommend it. BUT PLEASE MAKE IT SO MORE THAN ONE PERSON CAN READ THE EBOOK AT A TIME.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.