The Metro Tas app brings together trip planning, Greencard ticketing and real time network updates in one place.
The Metro Tas app provides personalised trip planning to allow you to quickly and easily plan your journey. You can favourite your home and work locations for easy access and also save a start and end point combination for trips you take regularly.
In addition to trip planning, you can also used the app to access your Greencard account balance, view your journey history and top-up your credit on the go.
Finally the app pulls in updates regarding Metro Tasmania's buses and schedules. This will show current alerts and notices in real time so you always have the latest information.
Improve location lookup and autocomplete.
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be perfect, now is poopy
This app used to work perfectly until the beginning of this year. Now it constantly spits out incorrect information, ie wrong time, wrong stop, wrong day, or decides on a completely illogical combination of buses. Particularly bad after about 4pm.
It was incredibly useful when it worked, but now that's only occasional.
GPS tracking would make this 5 star
This morning as I was walking to the bus stop I saw a bus fly past and I was left wondering “Was that my bus or the school bus? Will I now be waiting 40 minutes for my next bus?”. Also, there have been times where I’ve waited 20 minutes in the cold for a late bus. Both of these problems would be alleviated if you could track where your bus was right now. Please make it happen Metro! It would improve the lives of your customers so much 😃
This app needs some work - but it can be great
I live in Launceston and there are a few things to add or change about this app to make it work better and make people actually want to use it.
1. Update the resolution of the app to fit all the iPhones eg. iPhone 5, 8, 8+ and the iPhone 10
2. Use a google maps api and overlay the bus stops on to it
3. Allow users to unlock the app with Touch ID or Face ID
4. With the google maps api overlay the routes of the busses and add a search for each bus route to find out the one you need
5. Add a gps tracker into the app so you can see where the bus is on the route you are waiting for and add a real-time wait time into the app. So you can tell if it’s worth it to wait for the bus to arrive or to walk.
This app is a good start but I think with these changes it could be great :)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.