It’s now easier to access your upcoming trips, check-in and obtain your boarding pass with our travel app. You’ll still be able to enjoy:
• Retrieving and storing future bookings.
Stop looking for your boarding pass. Just a few taps in the app and you are on your way.
• Request and manage your seats on the go*
*Note: The purchasing of Economy X is not currently available.
• Velocity Points and Status Credits
Track your Velocity Points and Status Credits activity.
• Velocity Digital Membership card.
Carry one less card around with you.
• Special Fares.
Get in first on our best deals.
There are even more exciting features to come, but for now, sit back, relax and get going with the Virgin Australia app.
• We have refreshed the home screen layout to offer you a more clean and precise experience.
• Specials and our best fares will now be shown to you based on your location to always offer you the best available deal.
• Velocity Frequent Flyer profile has had a refresh to the way we present your information.
• Performance updates and fixes for app crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
App is always logging you out, so have to memorise your Velocity PIN to constantly keep logging back in to the app ( despite having ‘Remember me’ checked)
Usual happens right when your about to board a flight & need to show the E Boarding pass, but all of a sudden can’t access the App & don’t recall what login password you last used! Grrrr
When checking in; always get allocated a middle row seat ( despite have window as preferred in settings) and also Gold status too.
Even Your backend developers try to block this app from attempting to check in, select seats, view the itinerary, or simply show a boarding pass; because they know it’ll mess up the databases if the hopeless app even attempted to communicate with the actual mission-critical reservation system.
No worries though. The app logs you out frequently and randomly enough; so you can’t even try to do any of the above anyways.
The best is when it logs you out as you’re trying to board the plane..... and now your electronic boarding pass is gone, and you can’t remember your password to re-login as you’re literally standing at the front of the line.
App overcharged my card for booking and refused to refund
The app glitched when making a booking using my velocity points, and charged the full price without using my selected points balance. When I called their members support system, they only offered a ‘travel points credit’ and refused to refund the balance. They said I could purchase a new ticket on top of what I’d already spent at the reduced velocity members rate using my points, but I would have to wait to use my travel point credits for a future booking.
An outrageous outcome for a fault that wasn’t mine, but your flawed booking system.
Terrible customer service. Really disappointing.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VIRGIN AUSTRALIA HOLDINGS PTY LIMITED
- 60.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Virgin Australia Pty Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.