Virgin Australia’s Loyalty program
The Velocity Frequent Flyer App is an easy way to keep on top of all your Velocity activity! Check your account activity on the go and discover ways to boost your earnings. Discover where your Points can take you and track your progress towards your destinations.
Track your progress
Track your activity and see your latest transactions come in. Keep tabs on your Status Credits and see what’s required to maintain or upgrade your membership level.
Check your bonus offers
Don’t miss out on special offers from hundreds of Velocity’s partners. Discover all the ways you can earn to get the most out of the program, including shopping through the App.
Keep up to date
Receive notifications about your Points and Status Credits activity, changes to your Status, great offers and ways to earn.
My Velocity Card
Interact with the improved My Velocity Card from the app. You can use it to access Virgin Australia lounges if you hold lounge membership.
Explore where you can go
See where in the world your Points could take you. Pick your favourite destinations and track your progress towards a Reward Seat*.
Earn Points for flying
Add your Velocity number to your flight bookings to earn Points, Status Credits, and Eligible Sectors.
*Reward Seats are subject to availability; fees taxes and charges apply.
Velocity Frequent Flyer is Virgin Australia's Loyalty program
- In this release, we've squashed bugs and made enhancements to our features.
Ratings and Reviews
This App Is Taking Off! ✈️
If I had one word to describe this app it would be “groundbreaking”. Unlike planes that have fallen out of the sky and literally broken the ground (much like ‘other’ apps), this app continues to exceed my expectations and make me feel like I’m flying first class. I have found time and time again that other frequent flyer applications are buggy and slow… call that jet lag. This app on the other hand rivals the speed and performance of some of the newest Boeing planes on the market. Needless to say I think this app has really “taken off’ thanks to the incredible work done by the testers such as Andrew working on this app. Great work team!
Just downloaded the app and just a few suggestions for the developers. But it is ok and I will use this.
1. Include rotation to landscape;
2. Include link to submit and review missing points claims;
3. “Your Trips” .... the only information displayed are to, from and date of travel. I tried clicking on it and no further information is displayed. I know this trip is for two people, so it would be helpful to be able to click on the trip and have all relevant information displayed such as the current info as well as all people on the booking, velocity numbers, maybe even seat selection and fare codes, etc. the more info the better and maybe from there be able to modify the booking or add your velocity number if required.
4. Also under explore you are obviously missing a few departure/arrival locations because I tried it out departing from my airport and it does not exist as a selection.
Apart from that, it is a new app and a work in progress and although it still has a while to go to be able to do everything, I like it and can see where it is heading. But I would personally place point 3 above as a priority update from what I identified because I think this would be a huge benefit.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for providing this feedback; it's really helpful for us since we have just launched and are looking to understand how to improve the App for members. We will be doing some user testing to dig further into what our members want - if you would be interested in giving more feedback, please could you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claiming missing points is a feature we are considering building, we are looking to improve the trips section shortly, and re explore, it's only a selection of origins and destinations we show, but we may look to increase this over time. Thank you again
I only recently noted that points from a return flight to Cairns back in 2017 had never been credited to my account. This was only found when the points from a more recent return flight from Cairns were also not added to my account. My points were then credited once I informed them of the error, no apology for the mistake was forth coming, but they refused to credit the first 2017 points quoting it was to late.. For what I asked,I earned them and through no fault on my behalf they were never applied. Very disappointing Virgin. So be sure you check reward status after you fly.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd
- 111.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.