• Browse through 600+ attractions in Victoria’s State Forests using a map view or a list view.
• Search for a specific track, trail or site you’d like to visit.
• View track, trail or site details such as: when the track is open or closed, activities available at the location including difficulty levels and duration, track quality details, directions to the location, a local map, GPS guidance, download for offline use, and the ability to leave feedback.
• Share and favourite track, trails or sites. You can access your Favourites from the Favourites mode on the Explore tab.
Offline viewing for use at all times
• Up to 15,000km² of offline maps of your choice can be made available for offline use when you’re out in the wild and away from an internet connection.
• When viewing a specific track, trail or site, you can tap the Download for Offline button to quickly download an area covering that location.
• All downloaded maps will be saved to your device, accessible from the More tab or the My Maps mode on the Explore tab.
Use filters to find exactly what you’re looking for
• Use the filters feature to find a specific activity or track. You can filter by track & trail type, difficulty level and duration.
• Track & trail types include: bushwalking, mountain biking, 4WDing, horse riding, and scenic driving.
• You can also filter by other map features such as Amenities, Activities and Access.
• Amenities include: toilets, BBQs, picnic tables, picnic shelters, information shelters, historic huts, viewing platforms.
• Activities include: camping, scenic driving, historic site, significant trees, fishing, horse riding, canoeing and wildlife viewing.
• Access includes: full disabled access, small caravan access, camper trailer access.
Receive updates on track news
• Opt-in to receive notifications about new tracks opening, upcoming events and more.
• Read articles about closures, safety information, news and events happening throughout the state forests.
Read up on handy tips and advice
• Get access to preparation tips, safety guidelines, vehicle access, State Forest information (responsibilities, use), dogs and battery life advice.
More to Explore for iOS v1.4 brings a revamped Offline Maps feature that lets you decide exactly what area of Victoria you'd like to download to your device. We've also improved the offline experience with less reliance on an internet connection in general.
Unfortunately, Offline Maps from v1.3 are not compatible with v1.4, so when you update, the Map Features you offlined previously will be migrated to your Favourites.
You can now access both your Offline Maps and Favourites from the Filter Bar on the Explore tab for a more consistent experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - just what regional states need
Fantastic app guys, really headed in the right direction. Well designed too. I do feel like there is more information that can be added because it feels pretty sparse at the moment, and focused mainly on the High Country. Also, you could add a map of public toilets and other amenities perhaps? Just an idea...
Good resource, needs a few more features.
Would be helpful to search by dog friendly, distances, waterfalls etc. making it a digital version of the walks and riding trails PDF from the parks site.
Loving the app so far. Think it will be great overtime and hope to see regular updates.
This could be exactly what I’ve been looking for in a map of Victoria
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- 101.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.