The New City Catechism is a modern-day resource aimed at helping children and adults alike learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith via 52 questions and answers. The New City Catechism mobile app makes it easy to take all of the questions and answers with you wherever you go—for free!
The app pairs each question and answer with a Scripture reading from the ESV, a short prayer, and a devotional commentary written by contemporary pastors, including John Piper, Timothy Keller, Kevin DeYoung, and others.
The app also includes a short version of each answer and kid-friendly songs designed to help children memorize the entire catechism.
• 52 catechism questions and answers related to God, humanity, sin, salvation, and more
• Devotional commentary on every question and answer written by respected pastors and church leaders
• Short prayers to accompany each question and answer
• A children's mode featuring short versions of each answer and quick access to kid-friendly songs designed to aid memorization
• Related Bible passages drawn from the ESV
The New City Catechism is a joint project of the Gospel Coalition and Crossway.
You can now play songs one after another via a playlist, playable while the app is in the background. Tap "All Songs" to begin.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just a fantastic catechism and a great presentation of it
I am trying to go through this for the third time. It has been an excellent discipline for me. The problem is, this time I cannot get any sound on the videos! Where do I go for help?
It is a really great app but I have to say it has its downsides on question 4 its says "how and why did God create us" but it doesn't say how. YOU COULD HAVE DONE BETTER!
- 23.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 The Gospel Coalition and Redeemer Presbyterian Church
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.