NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad's camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights - ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.
- Includes support for iPhone 12 series
- Fully supports the iPhone 12 Pro Max's 2.5x telephoto camera
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great camera app
Works flawlessly and produces some way out effects if used "artistically".
Two improvements would be nice.
1. Always open in shooting mode. If the app is put in the background when image viewing was in use it returns to image view mode when re-activated and time is wasted getting back to shooting mode.
2. How about the option to save images in raw to make editing even better.
Otherwise 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. "1" is a good suggestion, we'll investigate and try to get that implemented if viable in the next update.
We investigated raw support but decided not to add it. Raw data for still photos is available but Apple don’t yet provide the access we need for Long Exposure or Light Trails mode. We also found raw performed worse than standard photos in very low light despite our best efforts to process them.
We’ll continue to monitor the situation though, and will add raw support in future if it’s viable to do so.
This app gives you absolute control over the iPhone’s camera. With the right conditions you will able to take amazing pictures of star trails, DSO’s, planets, clusters etc. Pics I have taken on iPhone XS Max through my telescope rival DSLR shots. I love this app!
Lots of people with massive expensive SLR’s
And me with my iphone and nightcap - guess who got the only decent northern lights shots !
Simple easy to use and great memories
- Realtime Dreams Limited
- 6.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Realtime Dreams
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.