The Onkyo Remote3 Control App is the official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch that lets you intuitively operate compatible Onkyo network products.
A refreshed and streamlined user interface makes it easy to get more from your home entertainment experience.
Available as a free download, the app is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V products as well as selected network-ready products released during or after 2009.
Note: Onkyo network components manufactured prior to 2009 will gain compatibility on a model-by-model basis.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote3
(1) Audio streaming services operation. Stations are touchscreen-selectable, with no need to view a TV display
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. Your iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server
(3) General remote control and playback functionality
(4) Volume-control function
(5) Information including station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V products with a built-in radio tuner)
(6) Stream music stored on iPhone/iPod touch wirelessly (selected models only)
(7) FLAC, DSD, and Apple Lossless playback capability via Home Media function (selected models only)
(8) Compatibility with Spotify Connect* (A/V network receivers released 2014 and after)
*Availability depends on region
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models
iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6plus and iPod touch running iOS7.1 or later.
Customer using iPhones or iPod that does not support iOS7.1 would not be able to apply this update.
Compatible Onkyo Products
- All Network A/V Receivers released during or after 2009**
- T-4070 Network Tuner
- CR-N755 Network Hi-Fi Mini System
- TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver
**2009 models are not compatible with stored music streaming on iPod touch or iPhone.
Enjoy a new world of audio convenience with this free app.
- Adds support for 2016 models.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Would love to see full access to the settings via the app ie being able to turn on/off bi amp and volume for each channel etc otherwise a very useful app to have
Annoying connect every time if switching apps
This app is the only way to control my Onkyo av amp from iPhone. There is one issue which is really annoying: every time I switch away from this app and switch back again, this app will take 5 Seconds to reconnect my amp.
Also the music steaming service is slow to show and respond: integrated tunein is slow and hard to search as well.
To me having a streamlined music streaming serial critical - I consider switching to another brand for next av amp due to this.
Needs shuffle option in "my smartphone" input
Works fairly well. Would be good to be able to change songs when iPhone screen is locked and to be able to airplay to zone 2 and 3
- ONKYO CORPORATION
- 10.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Onkyo Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.