Pado is all about geo-tracking.
Record the routes/tracks of your hikes, bike tours, excursions, trips or sporting activities and evaluate them on a map, via diagrams and statistics.
You can do this manually and spontaneously, but also fully automatically in the background.
The latter can be helpful on vacations if you want to automatically record your local activities so that you can retrace them later ("Where was that café again?"). To do this, you tell the app once that the recording should be started when you leave the hotel and stopped when you enter it again. From then on, you no longer have to worry about it, but you still have all the routes of all the activities saved in the app when you get home.
Pado can display the heart rate data from Health-Kit together with the recorded tracks/routes. The photos from the album that were taken during the recording of the track can also be accessed via pins on the map. This makes it very easy to have all the data and photos directly available on the map if you want to retrace a hike.
The exported/imported options as GPX or KML files allow data exchange with other apps.
Especially for sporting activities, the app offers a voice output that provides status messages about the distance already covered, current speed, duration, altitude, direction, etc. during a track recording. This keeps you informed about your progress without having to look at your iPhone.
The app offers a pedometer that can also count the floors climbed and shows how far you are from your daily steps goal.
The "Time tracking" feature allows to automatically log when you are at which location and for how long. You simply define the locations to be monitored and the app does the rest.
The heart of Pado are the location-based actions. You can define locations and what the app should do when you enter or leave these (the App will do this automatically in the background, it does not need to be active). The action can control track recording, the pedometer, the music player, notifications. The "WebHook" feature can be even used to carry out actions outside the iPhone. WebHook sends data to your own server, which can be used to link Pado to your own home automation system.
Pado supports the Apple Watch and can record tracks/routes and steps autonomously (without having the iPhone with you). The Watch app can also remotele-control the iPhone app so that the iPhone can stay in your pocket.
- Bluetooth Beacons, NFC Tags, AirTags (as trigger for actions)
- WLAN positioning (in areas with good WLAN coverage) for devices without GPS hardware (some iPad models).
Long-term use of GPS in the background can shorten the battery life.
With Pado 3, the payment model has changed. The previously paid app is now offered free of charge. There are now three app levels:
A maximum of 3 locations, 3 actions and 3 entries for time tracking can be created
- Standard (one-time purchase):
A maximum of 25 locations, 25 actions and 25 entries for time tracking can be created.
- Pro (one-time purchase):
Any number of locations, actions and entries for time tracking can be created.
Everything else is available in all three levels without restrictions
Users who have already purchased earlier versions of the app will automatically receive the Standard level free of charge. If restrictions have already been reached, existing actions/locations are not restricted.
New users can now react more flexibly to their own needs and use one of the three options as required. An inexpensive update from the Standard to the Pro version is also available at any time, in case you need more than you initially thought.
There is now also a tipping option for all those who value the app more than the small one-time payments and want to do something good for the developer.
- When defining a geo-based action to start a recording it is now possible to directly define the track color for the tracks which are created by this action.
- The Tracks view has now an option to animate the travel route of the track on the Map and the chart. The "play/stop" button can be found in the charts view for the track and when tapped will show an animation of the whole travel route on the Map (a Pin which moves on the track based on the recorded speed) and the information window on the chart will show the details as well. Long-pressing the play/stop button lets you play the animation in different speeds.
- When importing GPX or KML files the new release will now show a list of all tracks, routes and places that are found in these files (if there're more than one), so you can select only those items you actually want to import.
- The Watch App has now alternative Dashboards for the recording view as well (simply tap into the dashboard to toggle between the two options)
- The App provides a larger collection of unique colors for the charts to avoid reusing existing colors when a larger number of data values have to be displayed.
- Bugfix: When using the "remote control" feature on the watch for the step counter running on the iPhone, stopping the step counter did actually work, but did not show the new status on the watch.
- Bugfix: Importing GPX tracks from other Apps via ShareSheet did not work if the App was terminated before from within the task switcher
- Bugfix: The charts for the Timetracking feature could crash in case the time/duration unit settings were configured to the extra long time option.
- Bugfix: Pasting a UUID value into the text field when defining a Bluetooth beacon did not work
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Clauss
- 15.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2024 Alexander Clauss
- In-App Purchases
- Standard Version $5.99
- Very Large Tip $9.99
- Large Tip $7.99
- Medium Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $1.99
- Update to Pro Version $4.99
- Full Version $9.99