Petrol prices are crazy-expensive right now. Always find the cheapest by using Petty. Live prices for NSW, QLD, SA, WA, and TAS.
Petty helps Australian drivers find petrol nearby, view trends, and stay up to date with real-time average prices. It's useful for when you're in an unknown location, or when you just want to check the price of petrol at the station up the road.
Real-time prices, trends, and history are available for NSW, QLD, SA, WA, and TAS.
Petty stands out by using the most accurate data, collected by the state governments, and updated in real time as stations around the country change their prices at the pump.
Use Petty to find nearby petrol, view prices at a station, keep up with average prices and price trends for the last 90-days, and compare prices between stations. You can also see how much you'll save by filling up at one station compared to another.
The ACCC estimates drivers who time their purchases of petrol and choose to buy from the lowest priced retailer can save $10 to $15 per 60-litre tank. (news.com.au, 2017) Petty can help with this, by always keeping you in the loop with up-to-date prices.
Full list of features:
• Notifications on a daily or weekly basis, or just when the price hits a certain threshold
• Widgets for viewing nearby stations, prices at a particular station, or price trend graphs on your homescreen
• Find nearby petrol stations
• Combined petrol types - e.g. P95 & P98, DL & PDL
• View petrol prices at stations across NSW, QLD, SA, WA, and TAS
• Real-time average prices, and price trends for up to 90-days in NSW, QLD, and TAS*
• Set your favourite stations and get quick-access to them on the Dashboard
• Compare prices between stations, and see how much you'll save based on your tank size
• Siri Shortcuts to enable you to find nearby stations faster on the go, from your iPhone or Apple Watch
• Home screen widgets for keeping on top of trends, or the prices at a particular station
• Search for any station in NSW to get real-time price information
• Sort stations by price or distance
• Set preferred type of petrol
• View the location of each station on a map
• Directions to each station through the Maps app
• Apple Watch app
• A clean, modern design
• No ads. No funny business.
* Averages and trends available for E10, U91, P95, P98, Diesel, Premium Diesel, and LPG. Full 90-day price history may not be available for all fuel types. Not all petrol types available in all areas.
Please note prices, trends, and history are currently only available for petrol stations in the states of NSW, QLD, SA, WA, and TAS.
Petty contains an optional yearly subscription and offers a 7-day free trial. A taste of all features is included without subscribing. Features such as (but not limited to) trends, compare, and favourites are available in a limited capacity without an active subscription. Payment is charged to your Apple ID account. Subscriptions and trials renew automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to expiry of the current period. To turn off auto-renew, and/or to manage your subscription, visit your iTunes/App Store account settings.
Petty respects your privacy. There's no third-party code, and potentially sensitive information such as precise location coordinates don't leave your device.
This update makes some small but nice UI tweaks, including making more station logos visible for sites in Western Australia.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a nice looking app, but does it surpass what system I already use. Hmm, not quite. To be fair, what I want isn’t what the typical user wants.
Price listing isn’t quite in order from cheapest to most expensive. Although the app does actually retrieve the correct price, that cheaper price didn’t take precedence over the second station in the listing. Now that may be down to an additional metric, that being distance. Furthermore, that may be advantageous.
Would I recommend it? You know it does it’s job and for those without the technical mumbo jumbo it makes it easy peesy but for me I’m looking for a particular price. The demo mode could have shown me some of the metrics involved, it doesn’t and I can only guess the metrics.
Great app however. If you need an app to find you cheap fuel, use it, pay for it.
Simple, Easy to Config and saves money
This app paid for itself on the first tank fill up. I was doing a trip to Canberra, so set up price watch in my suburb, the outskirts of sydney and canberra. As prices vary across suburbs and country regions, I found the outskirts of sydney cheapest, then topped up in Canberra for return. Simple, update price data saved me $$$
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback! Really glad to hear Petty is helping save you money. 😀
love the update, so easy to use and easy to follow! so much better than the free NSW one 🤢as they say on the interwebs “I will sacrifice my own life for Pakistan” but in this instance, it is us Petty users that the developer is sacrificing his own life for. WOWWWW GRAAPEEE 🍇🍇 15/10 would recommend. Take the dub my dude. Well deserved on this one!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harbour City Software Pty Ltd
- 12.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Harbour City Software Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Petty Premium Subscription $4.49
- Premium $4.49
- Tip $0.99
- Generous Tip $2.99
- Amazing tip $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.