Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with colour and do it fast with ColorDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Export your animations in full resolution
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Gaussian and Motion Blur filters that won’t slow you down
- Add Noise to your canvas, or Sharpen your image for perfect clarity
- Adjust Hue, Saturation, or Brightness in real-time
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves. HSB, and Recolour
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
Here are some fixes and improvements as part of your #ProcreateCarePack
* Improvements to glazed brushes "banding" when painting with very low pressure
* Time-lapse exports can be encoded in HEVC or MP4 on supported devices
* Adonit styluses will work with Drawing Assist and after you picked a colour
* Apple Pencil tilt angles can now be modified throughout Brush Studio
* Improved ABR import
* DPI now exports with all image types
* CMYK PSDs export correctly with groups
* Chinese languages will now link to Chinese language handbook, support page, and Learn to Procreate videos
* Specific special characters will no longer corrupt your artwork
Stay safe and grab all your other treats from http://procreate.art/carepack
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
The definitive creators app for iPad - With one exception...
If you’re on the fence about downloading Procreate, my suggestion would be to just go for it! You’re not likely going to find the same quality or value for money experience in other apps on the App Store. Procreate is a one time purchase, full feature drawing app with included animation features. It comes with a huge selection of pre-made brushes and the ability to create and import your own alongside a broad range of brush customisation settings. To try to even include every feature that comes included in Procreate would be a challenge so, my friend, I’d recommend just jumping straight in and finding them all out for yourself.
Though, as a single critique, there is only one feature missing which would truly round out the entire creative capabilities of the app. The one thing I’d like to see the developers add is audio import and basic audio mastering support for animations. I understand this is no small task as it would require an overhaul to the current animation features, which are only quite recent themselves. I also understand that the current animation features are only a means to an end to appease any users who want to use the app to animate, as Procreate is marketed as a digital art app. Again, this being said, I as a user would like to see the app develop to accommodate as many creative individuals as possible.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dee - thank you so much for this glowing review of Procreate. It's awesome for us to hear that you find Procreate to be good value for money!
We're always happy to take on users' feedback regarding how we can improve the app, too! While animation is a feature that is new, we're always looking at making things better for our users!
Thanks again for the awesome review!
Every time I think Procreate couldn’t possibly get better, it gets better.
I’ve been painting with Procreate for three months now, having used Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop in the past. I’d heard that more and more illustrators were making the jump to the iPad and Procreate and now that I’ve used it, I completely see why.
This is not your typical iPad doodle app; it is a fully realised digital canvas, with powerful tools and brushes I’d usually expect to pay hundreds of dollars for. That it has all this, and costs the same as a few coffees, is mind blowing. And even more impressive is that it lives in a little glass and metal slate which weighs next to nothing and can go everywhere with me. Procreate has nearly all the fundamentals an illustrator would need. (And for many, including myself, it has everything.) And the ability to import and export PSD files means it’s not restricted from collaborating with others.
I adore this app. It was the reason I bought an iPad in the first place and it has exceeded every expectation I had for it. Procreate is a must-have for any digital illustrator interested in freeing themselves from their desk, or any digital illustrator in general given the alternative industry standard costs $30 a month. It is a joy to paint with and I can’t rate it highly enough.
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 320 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.