The Fair Work Ombudsman’s Record My Hours app makes it easy for workers to record their hours of work and pass on information about their employment.
The app uses smartphone features including Wi-Fi and GPS tracking to automatically record a user’s time at work. It also allows users to manually input shifts or fine-tune an estimated shift for added accuracy. Users can then send the information to their preferred representative if they have a workplace issue.
The app has many other features. Users can:
• Keep a roster of all their shifts, including leave
• Set and receive notifications about their roster
• Enter and keep track of multiple jobs and workplaces
• Take photos of information that belongs to them or they’re allowed to access, like their own pay slips
• Export the data to their preferred representative
• Back up information to their own personal cloud storage
• Record piece work arrangements (including work locations for itinerate workers)
• Access the app in 18 languages.
Record My Hours is 100% private and secure. No data is centrally stored and no one can access a user’s data unless they choose to share it.
*Users must keep Wi-Fi turned on in Settings to get the most accurate estimate of their time at work.
*Automatic recording won’t work for all job types, such as people working in places with no mobile or Wi-Fi coverage or people who travel a lot for work. Manual recording has been incorporated to cater for this.
*Privacy and confidentially rules apply in the workplace. Don’t take photos of other people or business information.
*By installing the app on your device you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions governing its use. You can view these terms and conditions at www.fairwork.gov.au/apptermsandconditions.
If you have any questions or feedback on the app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Automated shift tracking is dependent on device settings and location accuracy. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Updates for iOS 11 compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The potential is there!
Seemed to work fine till the update to iOS 11. I now have random start/finish times. Constantly have to (double) check recorded shifts.
I cannot edit my job location without it crashing.
Pity, so much potential there.
I am still on iOS 10.3 and this app works perfectly fine. Has been really good as a back up to record my start and finish (or arrival and leaving) times. I just wish it had more detailed break information and options like start of break times etc even if manually entered. I love the export feature. Hopefully it continues to work just as well when I eventually update my iOS.
Easy, free app for busy small biz sole trader
Great location sync feature that automatically tracks start and finish times at different jobs for ease with invoicing multiple clients per day. Love that it’s also free.
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- 114.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © This App is owned by the Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman, an Australian Commonwealth Government Statutory Authority, ABN 43 884 188 232
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.