The Fair Work Ombudsman’s Record My Hours app makes it easy for workers to record their hours of work and pass on information about their employment.
The app uses smartphone features including Wi-Fi and GPS tracking to automatically record a user’s time at work. It also allows users to manually input shifts or fine-tune an estimated shift for added accuracy. Users can then send the information to their preferred representative if they have a workplace issue.
The app has many other features. Users can:
• Keep a roster of all their shifts, including leave
• Set and receive notifications about their roster
• Enter and keep track of multiple jobs and workplaces
• Take photos of information that belongs to them or they’re allowed to access, like their own pay slips
• Export the data to their preferred representative
• Back up information to their own personal cloud storage
• Record piece work arrangements (including work locations for itinerate workers)
• Access the app in 18 languages.
Record My Hours is 100% private and secure. No data is centrally stored and no one can access a user’s data unless they choose to share it.
*Users must keep Wi-Fi turned on in Settings to get the most accurate estimate of their time at work.
*Automatic recording won’t work for all job types, such as people working in places with no mobile or Wi-Fi coverage or people who travel a lot for work. Manual recording has been incorporated to cater for this.
*Privacy and confidentially rules apply in the workplace. Don’t take photos of other people or business information.
*By installing the app on your device you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions governing its use. You can view these terms and conditions at www.fairwork.gov.au/apptermsandconditions.
If you have any questions or feedback on the app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Automated shift tracking is dependent on device settings and location accuracy. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updates for iOS 11 compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
The potential is there!
Seemed to work fine till the update to iOS 11. I now have random start/finish times. Constantly have to (double) check recorded shifts.
I cannot edit my job location without it crashing.
Pity, so much potential there.
Really good but room for improvement!
This is one of the only free apps for tracking work hours and I’ve been really happy with it so far. However, there are a few things that would make it a lot better.
1) I’d love to be able to input the hourly pay rate and see the calculated money earned when the shift is finished.
2) The ability to export a single shift as either a .jpg .png or PDF. I wanted to send a receipt to a client but couldn’t without taking a screenshot which then cut off my notes in the comment section.
3) Auto backup to the cloud or Dropbox would be nice. I don’t want to have to manually do it every time.
4) This last ones just a personal preference but I felt like some of the other apps I saw had better looking graphics. I feel like this apps a bit chunky feeling.
I feel like if you did the following these could be the perfect app for tracking hours.
I am still on iOS 10.3 and this app works perfectly fine. Has been really good as a back up to record my start and finish (or arrival and leaving) times. I just wish it had more detailed break information and options like start of break times etc even if manually entered. I love the export feature. Hopefully it continues to work just as well when I eventually update my iOS.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- 115.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © This App is owned by the Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman, an Australian Commonwealth Government Statutory Authority, ABN 43 884 188 232