An Aussie classroom on the go!
Teach your children (ages 3-7) and students how to handwrite before they attend school.
The first and original Australian handwriting app for children
Since 2011, rEDwriting-Learn to Write has taught more than 100 000 Australia children ( pre-schoolers and Kinders) the first stages of handwriting. Used today by 100’s of schools throughout Australia, rEDwriting-Learn to Write has consistently featured in Top 10 Apple Educational lists, received excellent reviews and is actively promoted by Australian teachers and occupational therapists.
What our users are saying
“As a teacher and mother of a pre-kinder, I cannot recommend the app enough. Easy to use, and fun.”
“Awesome! I loved this game as a child and it was really fun and would play it for ages. My brother now uses it for helping him to learn, he struggles with learning, but rEDWriting helps him write”
“rEDwriting – I love you!”
“I have been an early childhood teacher for over 20 years. This app is excellent. I have had enormous success in pre-school and primary settings”
10 Reasons Why rEDwriting – Learn to Write is your #1 choice
1. Top 10 educational App in Australia today – rEDwriting has continually achieved this position for 8 years running.
2. Teach your children and students how to write the right way– rEDwriting - Learn to write features every single handwriting font taught within Australian schools today. No matter what state or territory you live in, your child or student, will master the correct handwriting strokes for every letter and number instantly.
3. Easy as abc, 123… - We created a super intuitive interface, designed especially for young children of all abilities – your child will master Big ABC, and small abc, before you do, including your 3 year old.
4. The classroom of the future – Send your child straight to the top of the class – rEDwriting-Learn to Write has been designed for use inside and outside the classroom for all abilities, complimenting early childhood educators and teachers all over Australia.
5. Farmer Fred fixes the Floppy Fence – rEDwriting – Learn to Write also teaches your children how to correctly pronounce every single letter of the alphabet and number.
6. No advertising, notifications or in-app purchases – rEDwriting – Learn to Write has been designed for optimal calm, learning and enjoyment. And, did we mention fun! We aim to excite and delight while we teach your children how to write.
7. All Australian Voiceovers – Bonza! One of our coolest features. We were one of the first educational application creators in Australia to offer this feature. Old school for the new school.
8. Learn to write for less than the price of a latte– teaching your children how to write has never been this easy, accessible or affordable. Teach your kids how to write while you sip, chat and relax with your friends.
9. Locally made by an Australian for Australian Children – rEDwriting – Learn to Write was created by an Australian mother/appreneur who is passionate about teaching handwriting to Australian school children and pre-schoolers.
10. Recommended by Australian Occupational Therapists – OTs are the OGs of handwriting and we have been blessed to receive endorsements from the experts.
We invite you to download rEDWriting-Learn to Write for your children and students and let us know what you think.
The Story Behind rED writing – Learn to Write: A Handwriter’s Tale
rEDwriting-Learn to Write, is the conscious co-creation of Kristy Swift. Kristy is a mother of 2, appreneur and idealist with over 20 years IT experience. Kristy is as passionate about handwriting as she is about technology (she is a writer herself) and believes handwriting is a life-skill, artform and essential developmental skill for young children that should never be lost.
Contact Kristy at email@example.com
Love our App! Rate it 5 Stars and share the love.
-Brand new reward certificates
-General bug fixes and optimisation for the latest IOS
Ratings and Reviews
Good to use with your child
Overall a pretty good app, you can pick which state you're in and it covers lower case, upper case, numbers and some shapes.
We've been doing this before bedtime together so it's been enjoyable for us both. The app isn't perfect though, I found that the menu items icons weren't really clear so I had to click on all the options to find out what each was. Also my son found it hard to get the number 5 right and it looked like he had written it correctly. Maybe the assessment on the number 5 is too harsh. But for the price a pretty good app.
Great Writing App for Kids
This is a terrific writing app for kids which customises the experience to conform to the printing rules in different Australian States. The graphics are adorable - not your average kids app at all. The only downside is trying to get your iPad back from the kids! Once they complete a level they can get a certificate emailed which looks great. A nice touch.
Perfect for starting school
This is exactly what I was looking for!! My child just started school. Some of the letters are formed differently to when I was in kinder. The app notes which state you are from so your child is forming the correct letter for their curriculum. In addition my child loves it! If they are going to be on the iPad this is a guilt free way of using it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kristy Swift
- 471.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0 to 5
- © Kristy Swift
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.