Control your Mac or Windows computer with multimedia controls, keyboard, mouse, app and system actions & AirPlay controls. Take full control of your computer from anywhere in your home or office.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your home media center computer? Use Remote Control on your iPhone or iPad as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac/Windows;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac/Windows trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- Control popular multimedia apps and websites like iTunes, Netflix, YouTube and etc;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- CULT OF MAC: "Remote for Mac adds the convenience that we expect from our devices in the 21st century."
- TECHRADAR: "If you’ve a headless Mac you need to command – or just one elsewhere in your home you can’t be bothered actually walking over to – this app is first-rate stuff"
- IMORE: "Remote Control for Mac covers a lot of bases. If you've got a Mac somewhere in your house that you use for media management, Remote Control for Mac is a must-have"
- IGEEKSBLOG: "Wow!! the app does indeed think about user’s every need."
- Mac with macOS 10.10/PC with Windows 7.0 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 11 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
* Add battery info in today widget
* More minor fixes and improvements
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me.
Please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app with active developer
Not only does this app make it just as easy to use your Mac from your phone, but actually manages to streamline a lot of functions with simple taps from a functions menu. And the app even comes with a list of menus for different scenarios such as when watching Netflix, that when selected show a specialised input screen with features tailored to that situation. But best of all is the fact that the developer has been putting out a steady stream of updates since I got the app a year ago, completely transforming the app, and thus still giving me more value for my purchase all his time later.
Great app for Home Theatre MAC
Setting up my MacBook connected to the TV and needed something to drive it. Was using a wireless keyboard and trackpad but that just feels like overkill and takes up half my coffee table. This app does the trick and more, keeps it simple but gives great flexibility in what and how you can drive each app and overall control.
Would take off 0.1 star because the custom icon I’ve set for Automator applications I’ve written isn’t carried across into the app here. But that would be petty.
Best app for Mac!
I used the “Remote Mouse” app for ages, even paid for the Pro version. I was happy enough until all the sudden updates stopped happening and it stopped working with new Mac OS updates. I went searching and found this app, and it’s honestly so much better so much more functionality and less glitches, I bought the pro version last week. Super impressed!
Developer Response ,
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 34.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Evgeny Cherpak
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.