Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
With Siri Shortcuts you can present images, tables and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text when you run a script from a Siri Shortcut.
There's a growing gallery of scripts to get you started with Scriptable.
Here’s a few examples of scripts you can create:
- Ask Siri whether a web service is down.
- Create a widget that shows data from your weather station.
- Postpone the next event in your calendar half an hour.
- Check what is currently on TV.
- Manage a list of movies you would like to watch.
- Upload files to an image optimizer and store a URL to the optimized image.
- Receive a notification with the weather report every morning.
- Create todos with prefilled data in your favorite todo app using URL schemes.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Create your own widgets. Your scripts run on the Home Screen without needing to open the app.
- Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Support for input and output parameters in Siri Shortcuts.
- Easily schedule rich notifications to run your scripts periodically.
- Work with files and directories from third party apps using File Bookmarks.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run scripts directly on your Home screen using widgets.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- Schedule notifications and run a script directly from a notification.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- View the documentation in a separate window on iPad.
- Support for dark mode.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
- Local assets can now be used with the WebView API by passing a file bookmark to directory as the base URL when presenting a web view. This lets you create webpages that refer to images, stylesheets and more that is stored locally.
- Sometimes alerts presented with the Alert API would not show cancel buttons. This was a regression from the last update the has now been addressed.
Ratings and Reviews
Really helpful for doing things that Shortcuts can’t do, like marking reminders as complete/incomplete! I like how it provides a nice JS Interface for the native Swift/Obj-C APIs. The customisable editor and the code suggestions are also very nice.
Just learning about automation, this is opening up huge possibilities for me. Much better programming interface than Shortcuts for more complicated tasks.
Only probs are some bugs to iron out: the Reminders Due Today has some variable scope issues which crashed & gave me a crash course in the scripting language to figure it out; I made “text” a global variable since it was defined in a subroutine but used outside of it, and made a unique instance of “reminder” every time through the reminders loop so each reminder handler would point to its own reminder not just the latest one. Also, the Reminders scheduling for a script crashes whenever I try to change the date/time.
Thanks for Scriptable! So useful! Will tip!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simon Stovring
- 19.6 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $1.49
- Large Tip $7.99
- Medium Tip $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.