Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
With Siri Shortcuts you can present images, tables and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text when you run a script from a Siri Shortcut.
There's a growing gallery of scripts to get you started with Scriptable.
Here’s a few examples of scripts you can create:
- Ask Siri whether a web service is down.
- Create a widget that shows data from your weather station.
- Postpone the next event in your calendar half an hour.
- Check what is currently on TV.
- Manage a list of movies you would like to watch.
- Upload files to an image optimizer and store a URL to the optimized image.
- Receive a notification with the weather report every morning.
- Create todos with prefilled data in your favorite todo app using URL schemes.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Create your own widgets. Your scripts run on the Home Screen without needing to open the app.
- Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Support for input and output parameters in Siri Shortcuts.
- Easily schedule rich notifications to run your scripts periodically.
- Work with files and directories from third party apps using File Bookmarks.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run scripts directly on your Lock Screen and Home Screen using widgets.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- Schedule notifications and run a script directly from a notification.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- View the documentation in a separate window on iPad.
- Support for dark mode.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
The date in Contact.birthday will now fallback to using the current year when no year is set.
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever for scripting
Best app ever. I would love to see a new update. Without this app Shortcuts couldn't handle anything, but this app can do more!
Just learning about automation, this is opening up huge possibilities for me. Much better programming interface than Shortcuts for more complicated tasks.
Only probs are some bugs to iron out: the Reminders Due Today has some variable scope issues which crashed & gave me a crash course in the scripting language to figure it out; I made “text” a global variable since it was defined in a subroutine but used outside of it, and made a unique instance of “reminder” every time through the reminders loop so each reminder handler would point to its own reminder not just the latest one. Also, the Reminders scheduling for a script crashes whenever I try to change the date/time.
Thanks for Scriptable! So useful! Will tip!
Have pythonista, pyto and a few other paid scripting apps.
This is an awesome app, free and also great if you want to learn JS!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simon Stovring
- 27.8 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $1.99
- Large Tip $7.99
- Medium Tip $4.99