Skype – Connect, Create, Talk & Discover, now with Bing GPT-4
SKYPE WITH MICROSOFT BING, POWERED BY GPT-4
Ask Bing 1:1 or in any group chat:
- Help me plan a trip to Europe this summer
- Write a dad joke and translate it into any language
- Ask for movie recommendations
- Unleash your creativity
Skype is now integrated with Bing, cutting-edge AI-powered copilot, the latest generative language model from OpenAI that you can use for free. With ChatGPT in Skype, you don’t need any technical knowledge, just ask a question like you would a friend.
Bonus points: Try asking ChatGPT in your native language and find the most interesting question to ask!
SKYPE WITH ANYONE FOR FREE
Skype is the best way to stay connected with anyone, anywhere, anytime. Whether you want to talk to your family, friends or colleagues. You can make free video calls with up to 100 people, send and receive text messages, use ChatGPT with others, send voice messages, emojis, share your screen to show what you’re working on.
ADD A SECOND NUMBER TO YOUR PHONE
Need more privacy? Get a Skype Number, it’s affordable and private. With additional Skype subscription you can also call landlines and mobiles at affordable prices in most countries in the world.
With Skype’s new Today tab you can get free personalized news. Stay informed, productive, entertained, and inspired with up-to-date news.
Skype-to-Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
All permissions are optional and require consent (you can continue using Skype without granting these permissions, but certain features may not be available).
• Contacts - Skype can sync and upload your device contacts to Microsoft's servers so that you can easily find and connect with your contacts that already use Skype.
• Microphone - The microphone is needed for people to hear you during audio or video calls or for you to record audio messages.
• Camera - The camera is needed for people to see you during video calls, or for you to be able to take photos or videos whilst you’re using Skype.
• Location - You can share your location with other users or use your location to help find relevant places near you.
• Photo Library - Storage is needed to be able to store photos or to share your photos with others you may chat with.
• Notifications - Notifications allow users to know when messages or calls are received even when Skype is not actively being used.
• Siri - This allows Siri to make calls in Skype.
• Calendar - Access to the calendar is so that calls can be scheduled and added to the calendar.
• Motion Usage - Motion usage is used so that Skype can detect when your device is rotated, so that Skype can orientate the camera correctly.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Need to be able to add and edit a contacts phone numbers easily
You cannot easily add and edit multiple phone numbers for a Skype contact in this app. That is a critical feature that is needed urgently. You can already in Skype for Windows 10, and in Skype for Windows classic, add 4 phone numbers for a Skype contact. You cannot do that with this app, nor with Skype for Windows. This is an urgent requirement as I often have 4 numbers for a Skype contact, in many countries in the world, so I need this functionality urgently in all the versions of Skype I use. I have the premium service and yet when I click HELP there is no way I can easily get at least text based interactive immediate support. There should be, at least for those paying to use some of the premium features.
Everything is all over the place.
To get to settings I had to by trail and error figure out that I had to go to chats (why chats I dont know ? but doesn’t appear anywhere else so I have to go back there to find it if I’m in another screen) then I had to click on my profile picture to find settings at the bottom of the page.
Calls has the word calls in the middle at the top. Contacts has the word contacts at the top but chats has my profile icon at the top. Shouldn’t it make more sense to have it on all screens?
1 drop down or pop up menu available from every page is infinitely more logical and the standard on almost every app and website
Why is calls and contacts 2 seperate pages duplicated as they essentially do the same thing.
With only a few tweaks you could simplify the app to 2 pages - chats, and calls/contacts with a drop down menu of all options available on both pages.
There is probably a reason why I’ve not used Skype in a decade. But then again I’ve never understood Microsoft products. 20 steps when 1 will do seems to be their motto
Take a look at Line app. The menu at the bottom is consistent across all pages so I can easily jump to where I want
Also I can’t find easily any way to check what a call will look like before I make it. Would be good if there was a simple 1 touch preview button to make sure the image is acceptable before I place a call
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 185.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2024 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $7.99
- Skype Credit $14.99
- Australia $11.49
- Skype Number Australia $12.99
- Skype Credit $39.99
- United States $4.99
- Iran $12.99
- World $22.99
- United States Skype number $12.99
- World Extended $28.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.