Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
• We’ve tinkered with the internal workings and polished some rough edges. The app is now better than it was.
Ratings and Reviews
App and mulitple workspaces
If you try to switch workspaces, the app takes you to the browser to switch workspaces but then keeps you in the original workspace not the one you want to switch to. I recommend that you keep a busy Slack in the app and use the browser for all the others.... EDIT eventually creates a bar on the left and you can sign into each workspace. Does not always "take" so sign in a few times in the browser (restarting the app doesnt help).
Useful app; terrible implementation
Slack's underlying technology, Electron, is incredibly inefficient. It doesn't behave like a native app, stealing focus multiple times during its slow startup process. It always has multiple processes at the top of actvity monitor, using more of both CPU and memory than any other app. More than Safari. More than Photos.
Slack is now a company with money, startup excuses for cross platform rubbish have expired. Hire a competent programmer for a month to do this properly!
That said Slack is useful and that is the only reason we tolerate it. Slack became the most popular chat app only recently. Perhaps the next app to become the most popular just has to do the simple tasks Slack does while not wasting resources on the older computers most people have?
Better than the rest of the competition
Developer Response ,
Hi there - thanks so much for the review! Really appreciate it 👍
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 161.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Slack Technologies, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.