Supported Digital Cameras as of February 2019
Z 7, Z 6, D850, D500, D7500, D5600, D3500, D3400, COOLPIX P1000, A1000, A900, A300, B700, B500, B600, W300, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version.
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Adjust camera settings and take photos.
- View the pictures on and download photos from the camera.
- Use the app to pair the device with up to five cameras.
- Automatically upload pictures taken with the camera to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (Note 1).
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 10.3, iOS 11.4, iOS 12.1
iPhone 5S or later, fifth-generation iPad or later, iPhone X or later
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
Updating to Version 2
Images downloaded to the smart device with version 1.x will no longer be displayed in the Gallery after you upgrade to version 2, but can be viewed in the “Photos” app provided with the smart device.
- Note 1: Upload to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Note 2: The GPS function runs continuously in the background, increasing the drain on the battery. The drain on the battery can be reduced by choosing power-saving mode. This feature is not recommended for use with devices not equipped with GPS.
- If you are unable to download images or connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after pairing, try one or more of the following solutions:
- Turn the paired camera off and then on again.
- Switch tabs in SnapBridge.
- Exit and relaunch SnapBridge.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported on some cameras.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi.
- Keep the app displayed in the foreground when downloading images from the camera via Wi-Fi. Download is not available when the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
Using the App
For more information, use the app “Help” option.
We have improved usability.
Made some minor bug fixes.
We look forward to making still more improvements based on your feedback!
Notice: Customers who plan to use the “synchronize location data” feature with iOS 11 should select “Always Allow” in the location permissions dialog displayed when the app is launched for the first time. This option can also be accessed by selecting “Settings” > “SnapBridge” > “Location” on your iOS device.
Ratings and Reviews
I own the Nikon D3400, it’s absolutely amazing but the app is absolutely driving me crazy, I uploaded my photos onto the app but I’ve just taken more shots that I want to put onto my smart device, each time I go in I have to pair my device and camera up again and it doesn’t let me, not sure if it’s my device or if it’s the app but I’ve tried on both my iPhone and my iPad and nothing is working, I use this camera for business purposes and I would really like to know how I can fix this so I can edit and send my customers their photos.
1. Using your connected device to save GPS location data on the photos works well, unfortunately the GPS time is not saved correctly. Many photos are saved with the same GPS time. This causes problems with Photos on the Mac and the photos are displayed out of date/time order. The GPS time is stored in the EXIF area which means bulk editing of photos to correct. This is just too limiting. So the GPS location function is useless.
2. Uploading of photos either at time of taking or in batch will only upload photos of less than 2MB. Pretty useless function then. And slow.
3. Battery life with the phone connected via wifi to my camera (Coolpix B500) was woeful. Only about a day.
4. With my Coolpix B500. if you connect to your phone you cannot disable the wifi on the camera. This of course is a camera issue but affects battery life if you want to use this app.
All you need
I have a D5600. I spend most of my days taking photos of my son and as a parent you always want every photo you take and to post it instantly. So this app is amazing for transferring the photos over to my phone quickly.
Another bonus is I can now be in photos with my son. I just set the camera up and go play and snap photos from my phone as I go. Sounds like it would be a pain but it isn’t. It is really easy to keep your phone hidden.
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 115.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Nikon Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.