iOS 16.6 support.
Supported Digital Cameras as of May 2023
Z 9, Z 8, D6, Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 7, Z 6, Z 5, Z fc, Z 50, Z30, D850, D780, D500, D7500, D5600, D3500, D3400, COOLPIX P1000, P950, A1000, A900, A300, B700, B500, B600, W300, W150, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version.
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Adjust camera settings and take photos.
- View the pictures on and download photos from the camera.
- Use the app to pair the device with up to five cameras.
- Automatically upload pictures taken with the camera to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (Note 1).
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iPhone 7 or later, iPad 5th or later, iPad mini 5th or later
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
- Note 1: Upload to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Note 2: The GPS function runs continuously in the background, increasing the drain on the battery. The drain on the battery can be reduced by choosing power-saving mode. This feature is not recommended for use with devices not equipped with GPS.
- If you are unable to download images or connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after pairing, try one or more of the following solutions:
- Turn the paired camera off and then on again.
- Switch tabs in SnapBridge.
- Exit and relaunch SnapBridge.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported on some cameras.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi (some cameras only).
- Keep the app displayed in the foreground when downloading images from the camera via Wi-Fi. Download is not available when the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
Using the App
For more information, use the app "Help" option.
Thank you for using SnapBridge. We have improved the app based on user feedback.
Added support for control of lens power zoom during remote photography (for certain models only).
Added support for the display of HEIF and HLG RAW pictures.
Made some minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you Nikon Australia - Service and Support
Initially, I expressed my loathing of this app having issues with connecting the camera to my smart devices. I wrote a scathing review that expressed my frustration at the time. To Nikon Australia Service and Supports credit, despite my vitriolic post, they contacted me and offered to help. They continued to work through the problem until the issues were remedied and the connects made with the the app performing as advertised.
Now the app connects flawlessly to both the B600, my phone and my IPad, including remote activation. There was a couple of things I learned from this experience worth noting.
1. Don’t post when angry.
2. Update camera firmware.
3. Most importantly when pairing the devices to the camera, the app tells you to accept the pairing, however the camera interface does not. So when accepting the pairing on the app and the pairing not actually occurring, you get nothing but a failed pairing message, making one liable to create a frustrated review. Tip when the app starts trying to pair, hit the OK button the Camera as well. Then the magic happens.
Thanks Michael from Support. Faith restored.
Extremely poor app. Very upset
I shoot using a Nikon D3500. I have been extremely impressed and satisfied with its quality, easy navigation, and broad range of shooting options and settings. However, the quality is completely condescended by the poor condition of the SnapBridge app (only app that connected Nikon images to a device). It takes FAR too long to connect with my camera, and far too much effort and battery. Once I connected multiple devices on different occasions to the app, it became terribly hard to easily connect one of the existing devices to the camera whenever necessary. Rather, you have to go back and forth between devices and connections until the app is able to connect to your device. Usually I have to re-setup the app and disconnect all devices in my cameras Bluetooth lost to achieve this. Once I find a way to connect it (usually after 40 minutes), the photos from my camera take a while to download (understandable). However, after recent use and research, I have just discovered that any images taken using the RAW image setting cannot be filtered through to the app, and cannot be downloaded. Hence, I do not have access to nearly half of my photos because I changed the image quality...
The app makes me regret ever buying a Nikon. I suggest that the creators of the app improve the quality of SnapBridge to prevent many aspiring and current photographers to miss out on shooting with a Nikon.
Steps to try if Coolpix does not pair with phone
I have a Coolpix B700 with latest 1.5 firmware, my iPhone with iOS 12.4.5. Version 2.7.0 of Nikon Snapbridge immediately failed to connect at the point I selected the camera from the Select An Accessory popup.
I requested help from Nikon via their support page and based on their quick responses these are the instructions that worked for me:
1) Go to your Bluetooth settings and remove/un-pair the camera if listed.
2) Remove Snapbridge from your phone and then shut the phone down. Do not just turn it off. Leave for 5 minutes and then reboot the phone and install Snapbridge back onto your phone.
Please note, that below steps will cause any connections to other devices to be terminated. Would require to re-establish connections once again.
1) Go to the Menu and navigate to the Network Menu. Scroll down to "Restore Default Settings" and restore the camera Network.
2) Go to the cameras Setup Menu and navigate to "Reset all". Proceed to reset the camera.
Once all the above have been performed, try and re-pair the camera to your phone.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 66.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Nikon Corporation