Customize Sony headphones with a linkage function for this app to your liking.
Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls.
You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time.
• A “software update” that enables all the functionalities and enhanced performance for your headphones.
• "Equalizer" allows you to set the sound quality to your liking.
• "Ambient Sound Control" for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.*1
• "Adaptive Sound Control" that uses location information to detect your actions and locations you frequent, and automatically switches headphone settings such as how to take in the ambient sound.*1
• Personalization function*1 to enjoy 360 Reality Audio*2 with spacial sound field for you
• "Activity" allows you to record and review the usage stats of your headphones.
• Additional features, updates and important news will be notified via notifications
(In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’)
• Easy “Connection guide” for first time users
• Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app
*1 Limited to compatible devices.
*2 360Relality Audio may not be available in all countries and regions.
Compatible Sony products:
Please visit the website below.
* Starting with version 9.4 of this app, it is only available on iOS 15.0 or later.
* Some features may not be supported by certain devices. Please visit the website below for details.
* Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
* Please make sure to update Sony | Headphones Connect to the latest version.
* Bluetooth® and its logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and their use by Sony Corporation is under license.
* Other system names, product names, and service names that appear in this app are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective development manufacturers. (TM) and ® are not indicated in the text.
- "Listening History" (shows the most frequently listened to songs and ranking by scene) is now available.
- User interface improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is easy to use and I had no trouble connecting my WF-1000XM3 earphones. My suggestions to for an improved experience are:
- to attribute functions via gestures rather than function sets for greater customisation. For instance, I’d like to replace holding for Siri with Alexa and still keep my music controls intact.
- adding a reverb filter option. I’ve found that I’ve been far more immersed in my earphones when playing music with a slight reverberation. If it’s at all possible, I’d love to see it here.
- being able to toggle the active equaliser via a gesture. It would be nice to swap between bass boost depending on what’s playing without opening the app.
- structuring the equaliser preset list to be vertically scrolling with all items present. Rather than remembering which preset corresponds to which dot below, I’d like to simply select one from a list for a direct comparison. Keep the list open as I choose and compare presets then allow me to close it once I’ve made my choice.
Again, I’m quite happy with the app as is, but these additions would really help make it and my earphones more useful and enjoyable.
Incredibly invasive app that lacks the features to warrant the privacy invasion
Overpriced, buggy headphones, with an incredibly invasive app that doesn’t actually do what it’s meant to.
I bought an expensive pair of headphones because I wanted decent quality. This app has just decided that I am unable to change the headphones settings, unless I give them permission to access my personal data. Certain settings in the headphones (XM5) can only be changed within the app, such as assigning buttons, equaliser, push to chat (an irritating feature that interrupts the output with a loud sound & turns off ANC, if you dare to make a sound), etc.
Aside from the auto pause when removing the headphones, failing in the first week, my XM5s turn on speak to chat randomly throughout the day and I now have to sign over my soul to turn it off.
I deleted the apps & will stick to my uninvasive Bose headphones. That don’t ask for a facial scan to set them up (the ear scan is BS. They use it to get a full facial scan from ear to ear & may not keep the pics, but they don’t need them if they have a biometric representation of your face).
REQUEST FOR SONY PROGRAMMERS. The headphones I have are great. The Sony WH-1000XM2's are what I purchased after a process of comparing with Bose offerings, a process I am sure many are familiar with, given the extensive online comments over these two headphones. I am happy with the headphones, especially after using on an international flight. What is annoying though is the app used. Here is one simple thing Sony can do to improve its offering. I use an iPad to access the app and it is obviously aimed at iPhone users. I have not been able to put tha app into landscape mode, which is much more natural to use on the iPad. PLEASE Sony fix this simple problem and support your users. I don't think it is wrong to say that software support and ease of use are as important nowadays as hardware offerings.
So at the moment I can only give this 2 stars. Given the price of Sony headphones you might think they would put a bit more effort into the software. I completely agree with another commentator re Sony Hardware vs Software efforts. You only find these things out after you make the purchase unfortunately.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sony Corporation
- 186.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 Sony Corporation