Customize Sony headphones with a linkage function for this app to your liking.
Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls.
You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time.
• “Dashboard” for viewing and changing settings quickly
• Easy “Connection guide” for first time users
• "Ambient Sound Control" for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.*1
• Customize the surround effect and equalizer function.*1
• "Adaptive Sound Control" for changing ambient sound mode setting automatically by activity recognition.*1
• Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app
• Additional features, updates and important news will be notified via notifications
(In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’)
• Personalization function*1 to enjoy 360 Reality Audio*2 with spacial sound field for you
*1 Limited to compatible devices.
*2 360 Reality Audio may not be available in all countries and regions.
Compatible Sony products:
Please visit the website below.
* Some features may not be supported by certain devices. Please visit the website below for details.
* Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
* Please make sure to update Sony | Headphones Connect to the latest version.
* Bluetooth® and its logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and their use by Sony Corporation is under license.
* Other system names, product names, and service names that appear in this app are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective development manufacturers. (TM) and ® are not indicated in the text.
Improving on the quality of operation.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
REQUEST FOR SONY PROGRAMMERS. The headphones I have are great. The Sony WH-1000XM2's are what I purchased after a process of comparing with Bose offerings, a process I am sure many are familiar with, given the extensive online comments over these two headphones. I am happy with the headphones, especially after using on an international flight. What is annoying though is the app used. Here is one simple thing Sony can do to improve its offering. I use an iPad to access the app and it is obviously aimed at iPhone users. I have not been able to put tha app into landscape mode, which is much more natural to use on the iPad. PLEASE Sony fix this simple problem and support your users. I don't think it is wrong to say that software support and ease of use are as important nowadays as hardware offerings.
So at the moment I can only give this 2 stars. Given the price of Sony headphones you might think they would put a bit more effort into the software. I completely agree with another commentator re Sony Hardware vs Software efforts. You only find these things out after you make the purchase unfortunately.
Efficient, but buggy
Overall performance was great, however there are many major things stopping the app from doing many things, such as when I tried to connect to my headphone, a blank, white screen appeared, stopping me from changing settings and connecting. However, the headphone still connected.
Entering the app after made me restart and look at the terms and service again. But, when I tapped “Next”, the screen would freeze and usually crash.
Overall, the app is not that good and needs much more bug fixes and updates to the app.
Superb WH1000-XM2 room for improvement App
I love these Sony headphones has exceed my expectations. Regarding the app worked flawlessly the first time attempted the Bluetooth pair. App has nice features especially the EQ. Now after the 5th attempt to pair the headphone it wouldn’t work worth the app, tried restart the app, restarting the iPhone. No joy! So I attempted to manually disconnect the device in the Settings/Bluetooth section and then selecting “forget the device” switching off the headphone then back on and repairing.
Success! I’d recommend this path for users experiencing app connectivity issues.
- Sony Home Entertainment & Sound Products Inc.
- 127.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017, 2018, 2019 Sony Home Entertainment＆Sound Products Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.