*Featured app of the day*
Every day stoic prepares bite-sized mental exercises and fragments from books that will help you feel better and deal with obstacles you face.
stoic can help you live a happier and more tranquil life. you will learn stoicism philosophy and how to cope with stress.
get your daily mental health tracker companion for mood tracking, journaling, meditations, and reflection. it analyzes your emotive influences and gives you insights on how to be happier and more productive.
WHY DO YOU NEED A MENTAL HEALTH TRACKER?
we all experience a complex range of emotions every single day. whether we are feeling positive or negative — both of which are completely natural, of course — it is essential that we have a clear understanding of our emotional state of mind if we are to achieve self-actualization.
stoicism is a philosophy of leaders, as Tim Ferriss put it:
• become happier and more productive
• become less emotionally reactive
• become a better, kinder person
• become better at resolving conflicts
MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINE.
• start a perfect day with a personalized morning routine. prepare for your daily activities so that nothing can surprise you during the day.
• reflect on your actions in the evening to develop as a human being. get better every day.
• journaling. clear your mind, express your thoughts, set goals and be more grateful with guided journaling.
• negative visualization. discover how many things you have in your life that you should be grateful for. things you take for granted. achievements that you forgot a long time ago. you are luckier and more privileged than you think.
• meditation. an unguided session of meditation with background sounds and timed chimes.
• breathing. deep calm and box breathing exercises.
• quotes. read and save your favorite inspiring quotes from stoic philosophers, Lao Tzu, The Holy Bible, and Gautama Buddha.
• fear setting. a way of overcoming hard decisions in life introduced by Tim Ferriss. it will help you be less afraid of taking action.
• thought exercise. stoic interpretation of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.) whenever you feel strong negative emotions, try to put corresponding thoughts here. you may notice, that your feelings were caused by your thoughts, and after a small shift in the way you think, you can experience a significant change in your mood.
• history. browse your old entries or filter them with particular questions. see how your responses change over time and find patterns to help you in your personal development.
• privacy. protect your entries and journals with a password.
• export. share your thoughts with your therapist.
• iCloud. synchronize your data with other multiple devices and keep a backup of your precious thoughts on your personal iCloud storage account.
• HealthKit and Health app integration for mindful minutes and showing your activities in trends.
• stoic wisdom. learn the most practical philosophy that will help you survive in high-stress environments. meditate on quotes by Marcus Aurelius and Seneca and conquer your ego.
• learn philosophies. with quotes from Lao Tzu, The Holy Bible, and Gautama Buddha you can learn Tao, Confucianism, Buddhism, and Christian approaches to life.
• and remember "we suffer more in imagination than in reality" - Seneca
• stoic offers $37.99/year auto-renewing subscription.
• payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• your subscription to stoic will automatically renew unless you disable auto-renew at least 24 hours before the current period ends. you can turn off auto-renew or manage your subscription from your iTunes Store account setting. any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a stoic premium subscription.
• t&c: http://stoicroutine.com/terms-and-conditions/
if you don’t choose to purchase stoic premium, you can still use stoic for free.
this update improves how journals are displayed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great if you’re willing to make a habit of it!
This app makes it really easy to incorporate really helpful practices such as meditation, journaling, gratefulness and affirmations. It doesn’t try to do all the work for you which is the best part and within a week of using it I already feel significantly better in terms of mood and more stable, as someone who’s mood can be really volatile. It helps to keep me mindful and feeling ok between sessions with my psychologist, and I think anyone would probably benefit as long as they’re willing to put in the effort to make it a habit :)
Beautiful, calming app
Thank you so much for this app. I’m finding it a huge support as I’ve been experiencing a lot of low mood and depression. I love the design and the meditation exercise is perfectly executed... especially the prayer bowl noise that concludes each session. I would appreciate a more extensive dip into Stoic philosophy as I feel this is the standout offering of the app. More mental training exercises would also be hugely useful. I guess I’d like app to go deeper and offer even more of a challenge. One other idea: allow users to create their own category for ‘what have you enjoyed today’ as often the things I’ve enjoyed don’t fit the categories (eg. taking a walk). I am a huge fan & so grateful you made this.
I really love this app and how it helps me assess my day. The questions are pretty straightforward and the quotes can be really motivating.
However, I’m not sure if this feature has been removed, but I am unable to go back and add missing routines. For example, some days I end up rushing out of bed and forget to do a morning routine, but fill it in around the midday check in.
Before the new update, I didn’t feel like I had to “keep up” with my streaks. I could just go about my day and take my time on the app. But now, there’s this silent fear about being unable to complete routines in time. I hope the app can go back to its hassle and stress free concept.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stoic app inc.
- 166.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © stoic app inc.
- In-App Purchases
- premium stoic. $61.99
- Stoic Premium $11.49
- Stoic Premium $13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.