Get personalized recommendations that match your unique interests, or browse TED’s library of thousands of inspiring, informative, transformational videos for free.
Features on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
・Sign in to get personalized recommendations and sync videos across all your devices
・Watch videos with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Check out the newest and trending videos, browse by topic, or select from our curators’ picks
・Stream videos to your Apple TV with AirPlay
・Download videos to watch offline
・Add talks your list to watch later
・Toggle between dark mode or light modes
・Get instant inspiration with the “Surprise Me!” feature
Get the TED app to stay curious, informed and inspired.
With this release, we've fixed some visual bugs and enhanced our feedback form to troubleshoot better any app issues you may come across.
As always, more changes are on the way, and we thank you for your support and patience!
Ratings and Reviews
Great !! Update fixed
Thanks for fixing the latest update, I was able to give back my five stars for this great app.
Since installing the latest update this app crashes just as it is about to start a talk!!?? I have deleted it and reinstalled several times with no effect. I have emailed the developers last week no reply so thought I should warn people not to update until it is fixed. Still watch Ted talks on the web site.
I will reinstate the five stars when I get my app back.
Below is my original review which I will stand by once I can use the app.
Can't get enough of your speakers. There is a wide range of topics to suit most people, personally I love the science talks the best. If I don't have time to listen attentively I just press the Hart button so I have a personal list of topics for later.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about this - this was happening for a small % of devices, so thanks for reporting it and helping us find the issue. We've fixed in the latest version 4.3.2.
I have a problem with offline video
This apps is pretty good, I use it to listen TED talks everyday.
But after the lastest update I had some problems below:
1. The most problem is when I downloaded the videos to see this offline, some of the videos downloaded but can not play offline.
2. When I pause the video to use dictionary, the video stuck and can not continue play
I use iPhone 6s & iOS 11
Still a great app but U has degraded
I feel that the update in terms of Ux is a step back from earlier versions:
* Defaulting to dark mode on iOS 12 is annoying.
* Horizontal lists on home screen are not as intuitive as tabbed vertical lists. I get that it allows you to tailor custom groups but it's far more noisy and moves away from your traditional simplicity which was great.
* The search/category screen has removed playlists. This was one of the features I used the most after I'd listened to the top new and popular talks.
* What happened to the audio only "Listen" option?? I use this in the car ALL the time. It allows you to play one talk and prepare the screen to view another (to manually queue) for the next talk.
Please add the ability to actually queue talks!!! Or build your own playlist... I can't believe after all these updates you still don't have this? How does one listen to 2-3 talks on a commute where you can't use your phone while driving?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TED Conferences LLC
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2022 TED Conferences, LLC