Get more music on your phone with the triple j app.
Flick between triple j, Double J and triple j Unearthed live radio, or catch up on all your favourite episodes, podcasts or Like A Version videos anytime with the addition of our new On Demand section.
You can also still stream via AirPlay and Chromecast devices, see all recently played songs, add tracks that you love straight to your Apple Music or Spotify playlists, find your closest FM frequency, update your timezone to listen live wherever you are Australia-wide, or SMS and call triple j directly from the app.
triple j – we love music (on your phone)!
*** Note that you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges ***
Okay. Version 4.1.1. Here it is. We know you have been waiting with bated breath like: "Is It Coming?? Version 4.1.1?? Soon please??"
And like, Yes Babes. Here it is. This version is full of a whopping five or six bug fixes designed to make app performance smoother, just in time for the Hottest 100. Like, we're talking smooooooth, babes. Limited stubble, babes. No abrasive cuts or scrapes unless you do something super weird, babes. We fixed:
- the bug where the app player stopped appearing on the phone's lock screen
- the bug where the app would not resume playback if it was interrupted by something like a phone call or an alarm
- the thing where if you connected to bluetooth, there was sometimes some weird stuff going on with adjusting the volume
- the bug where if you listened back to an audio episode, the player would count down the remaining time in minutes only, rather than hours, minutes, and seconds.
- the bug where if you were trying to use Car Play, but the app wasn't already open, you couldn't user Car Play.
- some display stuff. correct sizings, fonts, situations where we were out by a couple of pixels here or there. Sorry about that one. All better now.
Ratings and Reviews
Please Improve Chromecast
I absolutely love the ability to chromecast Triple J to my tv, however, the song or album cover does not change when a new song is playing (for example, the screen stays on the title/album of the song that was playing when you first set up chromecast).
If that could be fixed, this app would be a 5/5!!!
Love you guys.
Great app.. Just wish I could stream catch up shows without wifi
Love the app for streaming radio, looking up songs I just heard etc. Works really well.
What frustrates me no end is not being able to stream the catch up shows unless I'm connected to Wifi. All I want to do is stream Short Fast Loud when I'm at work to hear new music that I've missed. I have a massive data allowance, I'm an adult, I know how data streaming eats in to my allowance and I feel I can make this decision. There's also no way to over ride this and say that I want to use data and not Wifi. Please change this!!!
Great, Handy App!
I love that I can listen to triple j at work without needing to buy an actual radio! I also like that I can listen live rather than the delayed radio cast for my Timezone. Everything works great.
I’ve found it can get a bit patchy/stop-start when I listen to it outside of wifi (usually in my car) but that could be due to my cars Bluetooth.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- 118.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.