Download the free ABC listen app to take your favourite podcasts, radio & audiobooks with you on the go. Stream live sport, choose your news, and explore music playlists anywhere, anytime, and all for free!
Live Radio on the Go:
• Instant access to all ABC local and national stations and radio programs, including ABC RN, ABC NEWS, ABC SPORT, ABC Kids listen and more.
• Tune in to live broadcasts and catch up on what you’ve missed
• See upcoming programs or recently played music and tracklists
• Limited internet coverage? Find the broadcast frequencies for local ABC Radio from anywhere in the country.
Discover Podcasts & Audiobooks:
• Dive into a free podcast library with over 200 podcasts and radio programs available at your fingertips.
• Explore the free curated audiobook library, updated with new titles for readers of all ages.
Stay informed with Daily News and Sports:
• Stay up to date with essential news streams delivered in under 5 minutes.
• Go more in-depth with daily news briefings, covering local updates to global happenings, sport and finance.
• Curate your news stream, spotlighting the topics, local reports and briefings that you most want to hear.
Tailored Music Playlists, Classic Albums and Live Shows:
• Music for every mood – explore curated playlists from popular stations like ABC Classic, ABC Country, ABC Jazz, Double J and triple j.
• Music for every occasion – soundtrack your day with Music for Your Warm Up, triple j House Party and Music To Sleep To playlists and more.
Join the Conversation
• Tap directly into on-air conversations with Call or Text In buttons at your fingertips.
Life sounds better with ABC listen – download the free app today!
This update makes it quicker and easier to open radio stations in the ABC listen app when navigating from the ABC listen website
Ratings and Reviews
There are many Apps but none like this …
Sounds from a continent that is also my home. But too vast to discover without ABC Listen. From the latest news around the world to the beauty of ABC Classic and everything in between. So much to discover, learn and enjoy. This morning I found a podcast, “Nature Track”, a series of soundscapes from around the country. “Gentle rain on a tin roof in the outback”, needs no introduction to anyone who has ever been here. Not a week goes by without finding something new to listen to for entertainment, to learn or just to relax to. I have my favourites, ABC News and ABC Classic (and ABC Classic 2) but also some radio shows from another city I used to live in. And too many podcasts to keep up with so I dip into whatever is topical at the time. The variety is part of what keeps bringing me back time after time. I don’t think there is anything I would want more on my desert island than ABC Listen. A true testament to the great work of our National Broadcaster.
Used to be a great app until they started penalising users for not providing personal info
This was a great app until someone decided they should force users to provide their private info and log in to be able to use it. Failure to do so has resulted in an annoying login screen popping up every time I open the app, and now it’s got even worse. Instead of the app retaining the last station I listened to on the home screen, the ever-more Sydney-centric, supposedly national, broadcaster no longer has the full range of Victorian stations in the scrollable buttons, with my most recent option visible. Instead they have all vanished from the list completely, with only Radio Sydney and the national stations included in the list. I have to use the search function to find my local radio station. We pay for the ABC with our taxes and I expect to be able to listen to my station without giving up my personal info as if they were a private corporation grubbing for personal details of customers. Their spiel when they made the change was that logging in would enable users to personalise their app experience. I could do that before. My station showed up first, and I could save favourite podcasts. Now because I won’t give up my personal information, all that has disappeared. I don’t appreciate being gaslit, andI won’t be bullied into compliance. I now hate and hardly use the app, which I used to use extensively.
Superb content via pedestrian app
This app could be so much better. One of my main niggles is that it doesn’t cater well for regional audiences - including travellers on the road with inconsistent or absent mobile reception. We may not be able to stream content but how about improving delivery of downloads and providing us with radio frequencies in my area - please don’t ask me to fill in a form, use device location. I’d also like to see signal coverage maps.
Digital providers struggle with the detail of classical music, with long, similar track names and numerous contributors - composer, conductor, soloists, orchestra and other performance information. The playlist truncates this in a very frustrating manner such that most information is inaccessible and successive movements may not be distinguished (which of Vivaldi’s seasons comes first?).
My state is shown at the top of the screen but the playlist often reflects another timezone. Why? I know there have been disastrous cuts to ABC funding but this app is an important medium for our National Broadcaster - worthy of more investment.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- 65 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.