With TruLink and the Made for iPhone hearing aid, people with hearing loss can go anywhere and do everything more conveniently than ever before. That’s because TruLink seamlessly connects your hearing aids to your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® — so you can easily stream phone calls, music, FaceTime®, videos and more directly to your ears with pristine sound quality.
TruLink works with Made for iPhone hearing aids from Starkey, Audibel, NuEar, MicroTech and AGX Hearing. These hearing aids must be purchased from a hearing care professional. Please go to trulinkhearing.com to locate a professional near you.
• Enables carefree communication using your iPhone
• Delivers superior sound and pristine audio streaming of any music or media played through your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Lets you personalize and geo-tag memories to match what you do and where you go
• Can change memories automatically based on personalized geo-tags (e.g. Coffee Shop memory kicks in when you walk into a Coffee Shop)
• Adapts automatically when you travel in a car*
• Allows you to record, play back and email live sound sources
• Allows Siri® to read emails and texts to you thru your hearing aids
• Lets you control your hearing aid volume and memories via your iPhone
• Find a lost or misplaced hearing aid
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Tru link offers some great features but it has one truly irritating feature and that is the clunky connection to my iPhone. It seems you cannot turn the phone connection off, except by deleting the app. When you make an outgoing call it defaults to your hearing aids. If you don’t want that (it doesn’t work well in noisy situations) you can force it to go to the phone but then when the other end picks up and answers TruLink overrides my choice and diverts to the hearing aids again. Same thing with incoming calls; TruLink wants to be running the show and won’t take no for an answer. My wife was in our car using my phone yesterday. I was walking back to the car with a friend. Suddenly the call my wife was on diverted from the car Bluetooth to my hearing aids because I had walked into range. Bizarre Irritating Frustrating. TruLink is not designed to be your servant but your master. My hearing aid advisor persuaded me to try it again recently after my first attempt ended in frustration a year ago. I’ll be deleting it again now.
Very good but room for improvement
A good app that allows the user a great deal if freedom to tailor the audio settings of the hearing aid (in my case, a Starkey Halo). Love the Bluetooth streaming of audio from my iPhone, especially phone conversations and also GPS directions on Google Maps. However, a major deficiency is the lack of Bluetooth streaming of phone rings and text alerts. This would be such a logical extension of the app and profoundly enhance it's usefulness. Hope this can b accommodated in an update soon.
Alerts not working for Iphone 6S+
Have tried desperately to set up Iphone 6S+ for the new Alerts for SMS/Emails etc to no avail. The option to do so within Notifications is not available. I know it works for Iphone 5S. App needs a fix that's compatible for this app to work for Iphone 6S+ so I can use this service that I've been waiting for.
- Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
- 242.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Starkey Laboratories, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.