Waygo is the award winning leader in visual translation services, your offline travel translator and dictionary app for Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Our technology allows you to hover your phone's camera over foreign text and instantly translate and read that text in English.
Real customer reviews:
"It was my 'Life Saver' in my trip to China..."
"Using it now in Japan!. So worth the cost of unlimited translations..."
"A must for travel to China..."
"Happy User. Perfect! Very Useful!"
Perfect for travel in China, Japan and Korea, you can instantly read text using our visual translator and learn the language. No data connection needed. Translate Chinese, Japanese or Korean into English offline when traveling in Asia.
Why should I choose Waygo?
- Free to download and try with all languages and features included
- Instant offline OCR and translation that we built from the ground up
- Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Kanji, Korean
- Use your video camera as a visual translator or dictionary
- No data connection required
- Translate any menu or sign and never feel lost in translation again
- See pictures of the food dish you are translating (Chinese only)
- See and hear the pronunciation of the words
- Simply point and translate foreign text to English
- Share your translations through SMS, Facebook, Twitter and Email
We have been featured repeatedly in ABC News, The New York Times, TechCrunch, The Next Web, BBC, Tech In Asia, GigaOm, Forbes, Technode, e27 and VentureBeat.
This free trial is limited to 10 daily translations. Select your language from the top menu. Upgrade to unlimited translations through the in app purchases in the settings menu.
Waygo Camera Translator is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 8.0 and up, as long as they have a rear-facing camera.
1. Best used on clear Chinese, Japanese and Korean text (currently does not recognize stylized fonts or handwriting)
2. Intended for use on printed text, not computer screens
3. Designed for clear menus, signs and labels, not books or complicated text
4. If the text is small, hold the phone further away and use the zoom to translate more clearly
5. If text is blurry, tap the screen to focus
- Chinese (Simplified) to English
- Chinese (Traditional) to English
- Japanese to English
- Korean to English
- more coming soon!
Go to www.WaygoApp.com/menu to try Waygo translator now on a sample Chinese menu.
* Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/WaygoApp
* Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WaygoApp
NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We appreciate your feedback. Please send any questions or suggestions to email@example.com
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Spent two weeks in China and got heaps of use out of this app. Translates live in-camera and doesn't require an internet connection to work.
You need good contrast and legibility in the text you're translating, but it was almost always enough to translate menus and signage.
Have used this several times for business translations. Worth a go if your reading level is a little lacking in Chinese/Koren/Japanese.
This is THE app for translating restaurant menus and signs in China. But be warned, it eats your battery! I’ve bought a battery pack so I can use it all day.
- Translate Abroad, Inc.
- 55.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Translate Abroad, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- All Languages $17.99
- Chinese $10.99
- Japanese $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.