Connecting a billion people with calls, chats, and more
WeChat is more than a messaging and social media app – it is a lifestyle for one billion users across the world. Chat and make calls with friends, read news and use local services in Official Accounts and Mini Programs, play games with friends, enjoy mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, and much more.
Why do one billion people use WeChat?
• MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
• VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
• REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the tap of a button.
• MOMENTS: Never forget your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to share with friends on your personal Moments stream.
• TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
• STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
• CUSTOM STICKERS (NEW!): Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and selfie stickers.
• OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
• MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
• TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
• GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (available in select regions).
• WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (available in select regions).
• WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (only available in select regions).
• WERUN: Use Healthkit and Health app data to sync your step count on WeRun, where you can compete against friends with daily step rankings. Enable WeRun in “Settings” > “General” > “Plug-ins”.
• LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends' messages and Moments posts.
• BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- Updated several features.
Ratings and Reviews
iPad mini can’t get synchronized messages
I use WeChat on both iPhone(7 plus) and iPad (mini3) with the same id, for some reason I can only read the push notifications on my iPad, but when I actually get in WeChat on iPad, the messages I saw in notification can’t be sync’ed(sync msg option ticked on when logging in with iPad) I thought it was a temporary problem which would be resolved with new release, until now it’s still happening. Only around 5% of all of the msgs are received by iPad. 4-5 years ago this function works perfectly all the messages are sync’ed, still using the same iPad, iPhone was 6+ then. Since 3 years ago, this sync problem arose, it first appeared as iPad not receiving messages, then it can receive push notifications but when open WeChat, these same messages can’t be received on the app. I have tried stay on WeChat or never turn off the screen, nothing works. I really hope WeChat can solve this problem it’s a very useful feature.
Deletes your account for inactivity
So Wechat decides at one point within their short spanned dying lifespan, that to further appeal to their customers and fuel their selfish, blinded, narrow minded and worthless objectives, they think that “hey, so in order to really reel in our customers, let’s just stab them in the back and deactivate their account after a period of inactivity, forcing them to create a NEW account, then having to add all their contacts AGAIN along with deleting their conversations prior to the disabling of account. Freaking A for awesome idea”. This was by far one of the most dim witted, pointless and worthless updates to implement to an app that revolves around communicating with people especially when overseas as there are countries that restrict the use of facebook or other social networking applications. I had faith and interest in this app, where I could rely on it’s straight forward, easy to use functions to send/receive messages overseas. But alas, this simple task has completely become void as your account is susceptible to being deactivated at any time, whenever Wechat desires to apply it’s sadistic lust to inconvenience all their customers however they please.
Fix this mess you have created.
One of the best of its kind
I'm going to make this short, this testing app is one of the best,many many functions and better than facebuk twittur etc. the people who don't like this app is cos they never used an app as grate as wechat. Other people that give it low rating is just trying to make this app seem bad and say "it's a scam" privacy alert blah blah,but it's not it's grate, there's nothing to worry about, ppl get blocked is cos they don't know how to use it, i have 2 accounts with no problem, and it tells u to link ur bank account cos it's a feature on wechat where u can pay by scanning stuff, even shops or restaurants like McDonald's use wechat to pay and etc, and others that don't like it is cos the don't understand Chinese. Haha sad
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
- 478.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2011 - 2021 Tencent Inc. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Onigiri&Friends $1.49
- Hello, Crayon $1.49
- DURURU $1.49
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.