Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favorite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://wordpress.org/support/forum/mobile/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
View the Privacy Notice for California Users at https://automattic.com/privacy/#california-consumer-privacy-act-ccpa.
Buckle up, this update’s a doozy. Let’s start with Site Media.
- We updated the Site Media screen design with better menus, file selection and sharing, and more. It even runs faster—no more jerky GIFs or stalled-out videos.
- You can use the pan gesture to select multiple media files at once. It’s also easier to swipe from one photo to another, change metadata, and delete items.
- On iPad, you can switch between square image previews and aspect ratio.
- We fixed issues with blank placeholder images, incorrect messages, document sharing, and occasional crashes.
We’re not done yet. We also made big changes to Posts & Pages.
- The Posts & Pages screen got a facelift with clean, simple display options.
- Use more advanced search features, like author and tag filters, to find the content you’d like to edit. Search also works across all authors (unless, of course, you want content from one specific person.)
- Use swipe actions to view, share, or delete posts and pages. Sweet.
- The context menu now lets you access comments, settings, and other actions for a post or page.
- We fixed issues with page refreshes and visibility, as well as a handful of crashes.
Finally, we fixed a handful of pesky problems across the app.
- The app now recognizes when you’ve finished uploading a GIF. (monty-burns-excellent.gif)
- “Hidden” posts now have a better description for their privacy status.
- The reader now scrolls to the top when you tap the status bar. Up, up, and away.
- The Menus screen properly creates menu items based on top-level pages.
- We fixed a crash related to using text colors in older site themes.
- You shouldn’t run into any errors when you paste deeply nested content. Much like onions, ogres, cakes, or parfaits, your content can have many layers.
Ratings and Reviews
Wordpress is a very useful and confidence building blogging tool. I have learned a great deal since joining two years ago. It is a way of allowing one to express thoughts and to communicate like no other. It also gives cause to pause and think, that what is being written is going out for the wider world to see - particularly if cross referenced to Linked In. I am glad that this great program came my way.
I have used Wordpress for many travel blogs now and it is a great way for family and friends to ‘travel’ with us.
With my current blog, I am having trouble with photo captions. As I write my blog, captions jump out into the text. Some photos ‘refuse’ to accept captions in spite of editing them back in. Any suggestions?
My second problem is videos. I have regularly posted at least one video during a journey. I posted one just a couple of weeks ago and I’ve had comments from friends who have watched it. This morning Wordpress told me that I have to upgrade to support video posting! What has happened?
Great quick tool to use (free)
I chose to use WordPress for a school project, and I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and it’s going great. I’m having close to no troubles adding photos and information, and switching from draft site pages to published and back again is really easy. It’s free which makes it better than any website that you have to pay for if you don’t have (enough) money. Although it does glitch out sometimes (doesn’t everything?) if you just close and restart the application it works fine. I recommend it because it’s really good for a free app :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Automattic, Inc.
- 205.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Automattic Inc.