Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favourite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
* Stats are so much better, we don’t even know where to start. Both the UI and back end are totally revamped! Data is cached, so loading stats is way faster and you can see them even when you’re offline! Individual stats have deeper levels of detail for you to explore! Date selectors let you specify the exact periods you want to see! Is it dorky to be this excited about stats? Who cares!
* The Block Editor keeps getting better. It’s got clearer messaging when you try to put invalid content into a block, and we patched up a problem with link settings that caused “Open in New Tab” to always be off.
* To infinity and beyond: We removed the limit on number of photos you can share to WordPress from other apps.
* If you write a comment and wander off while it uploads, you now get a clearer message when it successfully posts, or more detailed information if it fails.
* In Account Settings, your Primary Site now displays the site domain if the site has no name. (Takes the pressure off having to think of The Perfect Name immediately. It’ll come to you!)
* Wondering about the code the powers the app? We’ve added acknowledgements for all the third-party code libraries we use — you can find them in your settings.
* We fixed a crash that could happen when setting up your blog, so now you can actually, y’know, set it up.
Ratings and Reviews
WordPress was recommended
Great service and Google friendly as recommended by my SEO service company many years ago.. Google likes WordPress because is it’s algorithms so if you have a well designed website .. great service or product with plenty of good quality blogs and keywords plus great linkage you will become successful .. basically.. yes it’s all time consuming and frustrating but hard work rewards...
regards Steve Perth Splashbacks
I have used Wordpress for many travel blogs now and it is a great way for family and friends to ‘travel’ with us.
With my current blog, I am having trouble with photo captions. As I write my blog, captions jump out into the text. Some photos ‘refuse’ to accept captions in spite of editing them back in. Any suggestions?
My second problem is videos. I have regularly posted at least one video during a journey. I posted one just a couple of weeks ago and I’ve had comments from friends who have watched it. This morning Wordpress told me that I have to upgrade to support video posting! What has happened?
Can’t even use the app to get an account!!!!
By all accounts this is a brilliant app, or so I have heard. So far my experience however has been less than satisfactory. It appears you can only really use Mail to get an account, and the online tech help so far has been less than satisfactory. Now, I don’t use Mail the mail app due to technical issues, and prefer to use another email app instead. So, when I enter my email and get it to send the confirmation it works, but when I click the link A PAGE OPENS UP AND THEN CLOSES!!! The links, that supposedly expire within an hour, have been expiring within thirty seconds. It is extremely frustrating, as I am sure you can imagine.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble activating your account, that does sound frustrating! You should not need the Mail App to set up a WordPress.com account or to use the WordPress App, but we'd love to get this resolved for you.
It looks like you are already working with our support team on this, but if I've misunderstood and you haven't done so yet, please go to "Help & Support" (on the "Me" tab - the person icon) and tap on "Contact us" to get in touch about this issue.
- Automattic, Inc.
- 121.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Automattic Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.