Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favourite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
- Lots of updates to the mobile block editor in this release give you a bunch of new design and layout tools. Expand the visuals in your posts with the options to insert images from either the Free Photo Library or from other apps. You can also align paragraph blocks now, and the editor supports the pre-formatted block. And we took care of a small but annoying keyboard glitch that caused hiccups with capitalisation in some sentences.
- The Stats Today widget got an updated design, and you can expand it to display likes and comments along with viewer stats.
- We found a bug that makes comment moderation on self-hosted sites fail on the first attempt, and then we fixed that bug. Nothing to see here!
Ratings and Reviews
WordPress was recommended
Great service and Google friendly as recommended by my SEO service company many years ago.. Google likes WordPress because is it’s algorithms so if you have a well designed website .. great service or product with plenty of good quality blogs and keywords plus great linkage you will become successful .. basically.. yes it’s all time consuming and frustrating but hard work rewards...
regards Steve Perth Splashbacks
I have used Wordpress for many travel blogs now and it is a great way for family and friends to ‘travel’ with us.
With my current blog, I am having trouble with photo captions. As I write my blog, captions jump out into the text. Some photos ‘refuse’ to accept captions in spite of editing them back in. Any suggestions?
My second problem is videos. I have regularly posted at least one video during a journey. I posted one just a couple of weeks ago and I’ve had comments from friends who have watched it. This morning Wordpress told me that I have to upgrade to support video posting! What has happened?
Can’t even use the app to get an account!!!!
By all accounts this is a brilliant app, or so I have heard. So far my experience however has been less than satisfactory. It appears you can only really use Mail to get an account, and the online tech help so far has been less than satisfactory. Now, I don’t use Mail the mail app due to technical issues, and prefer to use another email app instead. So, when I enter my email and get it to send the confirmation it works, but when I click the link A PAGE OPENS UP AND THEN CLOSES!!! The links, that supposedly expire within an hour, have been expiring within thirty seconds. It is extremely frustrating, as I am sure you can imagine.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble activating your account, that does sound frustrating! You should not need the Mail App to set up a WordPress.com account or to use the WordPress App, but we'd love to get this resolved for you.
It looks like you are already working with our support team on this, but if I've misunderstood and you haven't done so yet, please go to "Help & Support" (on the "Me" tab - the person icon) and tap on "Contact us" to get in touch about this issue.
- Automattic, Inc.
- 159.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2019 Automattic Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.