XGimp is an adaptation for iPhone and iPad of the app GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation), which is a freely distributed program for tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. As a result of that, the app XGimp provides many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, image editor, an expert quality photo retouching program, an image renderer, or an image format converter.
XGimp is the app GIMP that runs remotely, so it has the same features:
- Suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Image editor.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing.
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool.
- Supports custom brushes and patterns.
- Full alpha channel support.
- Layers and channels.
- Multiple Undo/Redo.
- Editable text layers.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip.
A guide about how to use this app can be found at http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
XGimp is the app GIMP that is run remotely.
The subscription inside the app consists on the following:
- The length of the subscription is 1 month
- The price of the subscription is $0.99
- The subscription will be auto-renewed every month so that you can continue enjoying the app without ads.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Zoom In & Out, that allows to adapt the screen displayed with the app GIMP.
- Scrolling effects, to be used when the GIMP app size is larger than the phone or tablet screen size.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app was like the computer version minus the ability to use it, could not even import a photo, then when trying to use tools the inner screen just kept moving up an down instead of the tools moving. Then no text comes up when in text box. Please fix
Gimp developers are clearly insane
Every review says it cannot import a picture and yet the developers think that’s a good thing, completely insane. Maybe someone should go check on them? They may have decided breathing was irrelevant too. That star I gave you is pure sarcasm.
A complete waste
And I’m dubious about the developer charging subscriptions for an app whose software is one source and free.
Not worth a subscription, and not even worth using the free version.
Much better image manipulation programmes out there, worth the one-off expense.
- Securenet Sistemas Avanzados, SL
- 18.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © SSA
- In-App Purchases
- XGimp without ads $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.