Phyto helps you learn to identify phytoplankton and their proper pronunciation. It includes the most common marine and freshwater phytoplankton.
Phyto Version 2.0 - Completely redesigned!
- Many new species added with more details and photos.
- Freshwater and Marine species now included
- Flash Cards and Fast Phyto: two games to help learn how to identify phytoplankton
- Species Identification Guide
- Phytoplankton Monitoring Network volunteers can submit sample observation results
- Embedded news and information browser
- Universal App: now works well on both the iPhone and iPad (support for all screen sizes and resolutions)
- 64bit compatible
This application was developed by a volunteer member of the Phytoplankton Monitoring Network which is sponsored by the Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research division of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- Support for new device resolutions (iPhone XS Max, XR, iPad 11", etc.)
- iOS 12 compatibility updates
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.