A simple and easy to use odometer. GPS Odometer only does one thing, and does it well: measure distance traveled. Includes run in background capability. Ideal for almost anything that requires measuring outdoor distance traveled such as walking, running, driving, boating, or hiking. Note that GPS does not work well under a roof. For best results, use outdoors.
Benefits of the paid version:
- Landscape and splitscreen support.
- Ability to have multiple trips. Each trip can be stopped and started independently.
- Receive notifications while the application is closed at distance intervals of your choosing.
- Custom units readout. For example, you want to know how many calories you have burned. You can customize this to include anything that has a linear relationship with distance traveled. This can be different for each trip.
- No advertisements.
- Export trips via email and optionally restore later.
- Time elapsed
- Speed (average or current)
- Displacement (straight line distance from your starting point) This can be hidden.
Distance units include:
- Nautical miles
Speed units include:
- Kilometers per hour
- Miles per hour
- Nautical miles per hour
- Meters per second
- Feet per second
- Large font adjustable display.
- Accurate to within 1 percent when compared to most car odometers under normal driving conditions.
- Includes a lock to help prevent accidental reset of your trip. After unlocked, it locks back in a few seconds, or you can lock it yourself.
- Approximates distance traveled in some GPS dead spots such as driving through a tunnel by adding the as-a-bird flies distance to your trip.
Please also note:
- GPS Odometer does run in the background if you leave it running. Be sure to pause the trip when you are finished or battery life will be negatively affected. The timer stops when the trip is paused.
- To change the display, tap the unlock button and notice the three green boxes that temporarily appear. Each button adjusts a different part of the display.
- You can change the language to English in the application settings.
Please visit the web page for more details.
August 2019 update:
- Added landscape and split-screen capability.
- Bug fixes
- - 'Time elapsed' is now saved periodically. Previously, this was only saved whilst 'properly' closing the app. Of course, this also resulted in a very high 'average speed' when 'time elapsed' was near zero.
- - The 'list page' had 2 major issues:
- - - 'Notification interval' was not editable.
- - - Only the first trip in the list could be edited or exported.
- Please see the support page for more details.
- Kevin Willett
- 3.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Kevin WIllett
- USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.