GarageBand turns your iPad and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up to 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 14 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects directly in GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch*
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly in GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions**
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists***
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops****
• Record any song section multiple times over and choose your favourite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud*****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
**** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
***** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
1 attempt to make ringtone by the app was successful. But afterwards app gone to the unstable condition. So: when you try to choose “make new project” you enter the board to choose the instrument and afterwards when you try to enter this particular instrument program hangs up with the rotating progress wheel that can rotate as constantly as the universe exists. Please fix that naughty bug
Song cannot export in IOS 11! When I click “export” and choose every option, GarageBand crashes out.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.6 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.