A wonderful player for your M4B/M4A/MP3 based audiobooks.
– Using AirDrop from your Mac or iOS device
– From Files and other apps on your device
– Via File Sharing in iTunes on your Mac or PC
– Maintain and see progress of your books
– Mark books as finished
– Drag & Drop to sort your library
– Create playlists
– Automatically play items in turn
– Play the first unfinished file by tapping on the playlist artwork
– Move files to playlists from the library or import them directly
– Control audio playback from the lock screen or the control center
– Play and navigate books with Chapters
– Jump to start of the current book
– Change playback speed
– Smart rewind
– Volume Boost
– Support for remote events from headset buttons and the lock screen
– Sleep timer with adjustable duration
BookPlayer is licensed under GNU General Public License v3.0. The source code and a list of all its contributors can be found on the GitHub page of this project at www.github.com/TortugaPower/BookPlayer
For help and ways to contribute to the project see the support section in the Settings screen of BookPlayer or visit www.bookplayer.app
If you enjoy BookPlayer, we would be glad if you consider writing a review.
Bug-fixes and improvements
– Added support for importing folders
– Zip files are now erased properly after processing
– Interaction with the theme-brightness slider was improved
– Playback no longer stops after launching the app via a 3d-touch quick action from the home screen
– The screen won't lock as long as you're in the file-importer view
– Fixed multiple crashes, among those, one affecting iOS 10 devices when trying to import files
Don't forget to check what was introduced in 3.3.0:
Introducing: BookPlayer Plus
Support BookPlayer development and unlock more design options
– Colorful App Icon alternatives
– Additional color themes
– More extras will be added to future releases without the need for additional purchases.
BookPlayer will remain free and the free version will retain all features forever. We believe in Open Source and in free software. We also hope you enjoy it as much as we do and consider a donation to keep the lights on.
New features & Improvements
– Dark Mode
– Bulk edit the items in your library and playlists
– New layout and interaction for skip controls in the player
– 3D Touch Quick Actions for fast access to the most recent book
– Completion of a book is now tracked independently from a book’s progress
– More options are available by swiping left on a cell in both Library and Playlists
– Optional creation of a new Playlist when importing books while inside a playlist
– Stop at chapter boundaries when skipping
– Tip Jar
– Fixed a cancelled on-chapter-end sleep timer
– Fixed the layout of the book title and the author Miniplayer layout title issues
– Accessibility improvements inside the player interface
Ratings and Reviews
BookPlayer: Tip These Developers
Wow! Easy to navigate, modern design to import & play my audiobook collections. Now not sure how it may or may not work for DRM content, but everything else works like a charm. No crashes; no screw-ups, it just works. Honestly, worth $10, but offered free—tip these guys!
The best app for Audiobooks
Thank you for making this amazing app.
Great and free!
This is a fantastic app, and great for audio book lovers, thanks!
- Gianni Carlo
- 25.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Gianni Carlo
- In-App Purchases
- Kind tip $3.99
- Excellent Tip $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.