The Canadian Armed Forces app is a bilingual platform for CAF members to:
- get updates from CAF leadership
- access and customize your CAF social media feed
- view latest videos and images
- access a variety of CAF resources, including:
o Get help now
o Health Services
o Bases and wings
o Compensation and benefits
o Education and training
o Family resources
o Housing and relocations
o Legal services
o Morale and welfare services
o Veteran’s Affairs
* Enhanced accessibility to various buttons.
* Instagram Updated Canadian Army accounts - now has English and French separate accounts
* Minor Bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really odd interface
It gives access to lots of CAF info, but it abides by the military “orders about orders” philosophy.
When you tap on an item of interest, instead of linking directly to that item, it may instead provide you with written instructions on how to access that item elsewhere in the app.
It will tell you there are new items, but tapping on the badge does nothing, and you have to hunt through the menus to find the info.
Many things, when you find them, are just links, even things like CANFORGENs, so using it results in lots of windows on your browser, and you might think you had information in the app, but unless you have wifi or data, you don’t.
Update daily or don’t bother!
Out of date
If you are going to put info in an app, the info needs to be up to date. Things like CANFORGENS are sometimes weeks out of date.
The app just feels amateur, and constantly crashes, won’t connect, or won’t update the info.
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- 50.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Sa Majesté la Reine du chef du Canada, représentée par le ministre de la Défense nationale (année de publication).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.