Communauto’s free carsharing app gives you access to close to 2,500 vehicles in 14 cities including Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City, Edmonton, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, London, Halifax and Paris! Communauto offers round-trip, free-floating and one-way carsharing services. Rent a car at low cost for a few minutes, an hour, a day or longer... Gas (or electric charge!), insurance and maintenance are always included!
With the official Communauto app, you can :
- Locate cars available nearby;
- Reserve or block a vehicle;
- Obtain key information on vehicles, including model, number, localization;
- Identify the free-floating Service Are;
- See upcoming, passed or canceled reservations;
- Modify, extend or cancel a reservation;
- Update your member profile;
- See the cost of your trips instantly ;
- Activate the credit card available in the glove compartment or submit your receipt to
be reimbursed (available in specific cities);
- Lock and unlock the car (available in specific cities).
Not a member yet?
Download the application to discover our closest stations and go to www.communauto.com to join! Stay in touch by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
It will now be possible to:
• start and end a trip through the app, for all our vehicles (except those in underground stations).
• see drop-off points where it is possible to make a temporary stopover.
• easily understand whether the vehicle must be returned to a station and where.
In addition, members of our Halifax branch will now be able to use the app to manage their reservations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Confusing to use
Why does the app show green markers everywhere as if there are vehicles, but then you have to actually specify a time to search and it shows you there are in fact none? There should be the ability to just see cars that are available now, and decide from then when you will finish your trip. Or just see the schedule of those cars by clicking on them. If we have to put in an end time for a trip, it should have a reasonable default - 4 hours maybe? Instead of having to click.
Also it’s hard to tell which part of the map is covered vs not.
When signing in, if I download the app > choose to try it out without signing in > choose “sign in” > then it sends me back to the first page to choose my location again, and then choose that i want to sign in again. It should remember those things.
Some parts all small annoyances, but my overall first impression is not love. 🤣
Service ok, app not.
Communauto is a really good idea, especially here in Montreal. The service is okay when the server are not crashing.
But the iOS app is such a bad app. Always crashing, long to load, not intuitive at all.
Please do something and update the app ...
De mal en pis
Depuis la mise à jour de la première semaine de juillet, plusieurs fonctions importantes n’apparaissent plus sur l’application : activation de la carte de crédit, déverrouillage de la voiture à partir de l’iPhone, etc. Le mode sombre semble aussi créé une interférence avec la couleur de plusieurs polices de caractères (blanc sur blanc, entre autre).
Il faudra faire vite pour régler ces problèmes gênants : c’est la réputation de Communauto qui est ici terni.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.