Communauto’s free carsharing app gives you access to close to 2,700 vehicles in 15 cities including Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City, Edmonton, Calgary, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, London, Halifax and Paris! Communauto offers round-trip, free-floating and one-way carsharing services. Rent a car at low cost for a few minutes, an hour, a day or longer... Gas (or electric charge!), insurance and maintenance are always included!
With the official Communauto app, you can :
- Locate cars available nearby;
- Reserve or block a vehicle;
- Lock and unlock the car;
- Obtain key information on vehicles, including model, number, localization;
- Identify the free-floating Service Area;
- See upcoming, passed or canceled reservations;
- Modify, extend or cancel a reservation;
- Update your member profile;
- Geolocalize your current reservation;
- See the cost of your trips instantly and the duration of your current trip ;
- Find the current FLEX location of a previously booked car if you need to book it again to get a forgotten item.
- Activate the credit card available in the glove compartment or submit your receipt to
be reimbursed (available in specific cities);
- Allow you to park and release the car in parking meter spaces downtown (Montreal only).
Not a member yet?
Download the application to discover our closest stations and go to www.communauto.com to join! Stay in touch by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
Corrections and many other little visual tweaks and improvements to facilitate the general use of the mobile app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Confusing to use
Why does the app show green markers everywhere as if there are vehicles, but then you have to actually specify a time to search and it shows you there are in fact none? There should be the ability to just see cars that are available now, and decide from then when you will finish your trip. Or just see the schedule of those cars by clicking on them. If we have to put in an end time for a trip, it should have a reasonable default - 4 hours maybe? Instead of having to click.
Also it’s hard to tell which part of the map is covered vs not.
When signing in, if I download the app > choose to try it out without signing in > choose “sign in” > then it sends me back to the first page to choose my location again, and then choose that i want to sign in again. It should remember those things.
Some parts all small annoyances, but my overall first impression is not love. 🤣
Bad user experience
Overall not well thought application with bugs. Please hire a UX designer to help you and redo the code
Service ok, app not.
Communauto is a really good idea, especially here in Montreal. The service is okay when the server are not crashing.
But the iOS app is such a bad app. Always crashing, long to load, not intuitive at all.
Please do something and update the app ...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Reservauto inc.
- 33.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Communauto inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.