Winner - Best Middle School App of 2012 - Best App Ever
Winner - 2012 Best Teaching App by TeachHub.com
Winner - 2012 4th Best Speech Therapy App by Let's Talk SLP
Winner - 2012 Best Social Skills App by Tech in Special Ed
Winner - 2012 Best Special Needs App by Teachers With Apps
Finalist - 2012 Best Special Needs App by SmartAppsForKids
ConversationBuilderTeen is a teen version of the popular and award winning ConversationBuilder virtual conversation simulator. It is designed to help teenaged children learn how to have multi-exchange conversations with their peers in a variety of social settings. The auditory pattern of conversation is presented in a visual format to help students recognize and master the flow of conversation.
Students learn when it is appropriate to introduce themselves, ask questions, make observations and change the subject of the conversation. They will also learn how to recognize sarcasm and how to respond when someone is bullying them or someone around them.
The student will be asked to initiate conversation, respond to conversations initiated by others or participate in group conversations. Students will be guided through conversations and allowed to record and save their conversations for later playback and study. Conversations are grouped into eight themes. The themes are school, relationship, sports, entertainment, bullying, sarcasm, clothes, and summer.
Being able to converse with peers is the cornerstone of developing relationships, and ConversationBuilderTeen™ promotes development of this skill in a fun and engaging way.
- Over 300 conversations
- 8 conversation themes - School, Relationship, Sports, Entertainment, Bullying, Sarcasm, Clothes, and Summer
- Visual interface to learn the pattern of conversation
- Students record their half of the conversation
- Group and one-on-one conversation settings
- Student may import photos into the group conversations
- Student can initiate or respond to conversations
- Student recordings are interlaced with pre-recorded audio to create complete conversations
- Real time history allows student to replay every segment of a conversation
- Conversations may be archived and emailed
- Parental controls to lock out some conversations
- Compatible with iPad
- Requires 5.1 software update
ConversationBuilderTeen is part of "The Builder Series" of award winning education apps. Mobile Education Store has won over 40 app awards and has been named educational developer of the year in 2011 and 2012.
Mobile Education Tools is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 10-17
Categories: Special Needs
Updates for iOS11 compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
- Mobile Education Store LLC
- 531.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Mobile Education Store 2012. All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.