DBT Diary Card is the only DBT iPhone app designed and created by a licensed and DBT intensively trained psychologist.
Highlights of version 3.0:
+ graphing data across time
+ on device PDF viewing
+ daily reminders
+ Password locking to prevent others from seeing your diary cards.
Read what our actual users say:
"***** Best DBT app available!!!
Simply put, this is the most helpful DBT or CBT app available. I bought a new iPhone to be able to use it. DBT skills are priceless. I had tried every, other DBT and CBT app. This one follows the traditional DBT program exactly, and is the only Diary Card. Before I had this app, I'd seldom fill in my diary card. Now that I have it, I don't have to keep track of paper, and I rarely miss a day. I can fill in my Diary Card discreetly, from anywhere, anytime, and send it directly to my DBT coach. I no longer have to worry about someone coming across my Diary Cards. You can brush up on skills, use it for distress tolerance suggestions, tailor it to your needs, and even journal. I appreciate that I can add personal goals to my diary. Thank you for this app!" - iTunes US Review
"***** I am in IRL-DBT and this app is the perfect complement. Oh. I love that the app is so flexible, that you can make it kind of your own, and the layout is so nice, simple, yet beautiful. For me, a true life-saver! Genius! Without a doubt the best app in my IPhone... Get it now!" - iTunes Sweden Review
"***** Perfect! Worth the money!" - iTunes US Review
As an educated consumer, it's important to know to whom you're listening. DBT Diary Card was created by a Ph.D. psychologist trained directly by Dr. Marsha Linehan and at the Duke University Medical Center; we are experts in DBT, providing consultation to many in our community. And now we're giving it to you!
A DBT app can have 3 parts:
- A reference manual
- A behavior tracker
- A skills coach
DBT Diary Card has all 3 of these parts and utilizes the iOS platform in ways that the other apps available don't and can't.
+ PDF generation
+ Notification Pane support
+ Password protection
+ Advanced text editing
+ Media playback
What DBT Diary Card has to offer:
- Skills. LOTS of them. Every DBT skill you've ever heard about in a group is in here. It can be your quick reference to your skills so that you don't have to carry around your book or binder. Every skill is described in readable language to help you understand them easily and it's all just a quick tap away.
- Emotions. All the "basic" emotions are presented, again with descriptions and explanations a quick tap away.
- Behaviors. The most troublesome are pre-loaded.
- Coaching. If you know you need to use a skill but can't think of which one or can't remember how to choose, use the app. The coaching can be your virtual therapist.
- Complete customizability. Are you working on something different or do you have a different understanding of a particular skill or emotion? Change it. It's that easy. You are not wedded to the way it's presented in the app. It's all completely customizable.
- 911 skills. Put your emergency skills a tap away. You can call directly from the app, listen to your distress tolerance music, remember what apps help in the moment.
- Email. You can email your therapist your diary card on a weekly basis automatically, you can do it manually whenever you'd like or you can have the app remind you.
* Telephony features require an iPhone and voice service.
Bug fixes. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but has some malfunctions
I’ve used this app for months. I love the idea of it so that I can send it to my therapist each week. Suddenly none of my cards will email, it won’t even come up so it has no benefit to me now. Great app but the amount of system errors is extremely irritating.
Always issues saving Notes
Constantly have issues saving notes. And this goes back update after update. Finally so frustrated with the app and saving issues that I’m scraping it. Days where entries were there and I saw them saved are gone. Today I’ve entered my day twice both gone. It’s too bad because outside of storing my data the platform/layout is nice and user friendly. I always have issues sending it to the therapist. If you don’t use the standard mail client and you use say gmail app you can’t send (workaround I’ve been using is screen capturing it and sending the screen cap to the therapist). I’m done with trying to find workarounds. Next app pls.
Clunky interface, no possibility to backup
The backup to Dropbox has been broken for ages and never replaced. Developers don’t answer inquiries (I tried to reach out twice).
- Durham DBT, Inc.
- 43.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Durham DBT, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.