DraftCode includes the standard PHP stack including all PHP extensions typically available on a webserver (MySQL, SQLite, PDO, Curl, OpenSSL, FTP, XML, JSON, SOAP and more). All code execution happens right inside DraftCode and therefore works even if your device is offline.
DraftCode by default includes PHP 5.6.30 and a standard set of extension.
The following additional PHP versions are available via in App purchases:
- PHP 7.2.24 (also including the additional GD, fileinfo and calendar extensions)
- PHP 7.3.16 (also including the additional GD, fileinfo and calendar extensions)
(A complete phpinfo output of the current available configurations is available on our website.)
- Execute PHP/JS/HTML/CSS without requiring an internet connection
- Runtime behaves like any webserver, supporting sessions, cookies, AJAX etc.
- Session inspector showing state of current session variables
- Includes and supports Composer for dependency management
- Internal keyboard support with coding accessory
- External keyboard support with additional keyboard shortcuts
- Multitasking and split-screen support on iPad
- Includes PHP packages like WordPress, Composer and more.
- Built-in preview browser behaving like Mobile Safari
- File workspace including support to zip, unzip, copy, move or duplicate files or folders
- Code import/export from iCloud Drive, other Apps or iTunes file sharing
- Kiosk mode that runs you PHP code fullscreen
- Script mode to run PHP scripts without a web context or timeout
- Integrates with WorkingCopy to connect with GIT
INCLUDED PHP PACKAGES
With just one tap you can run WordPress offline (using the included WordPress SQLite plugin) and develop themes and plugins for the popular platform.
Connect to EXTERNAL MySQL databases (MySQL is NOT included).
Work with local SQLite databases.
COMPOSER (requires PHP 7 IAP)
Use Composer v.1.8.4 to efficiently manage your dependencies. Also includes an example project.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions please head over to DraftCode's website.
- DraftCode is not a webserver and running PHP code is not accessible outside of DraftCode
- DraftCode's runtime currently does not support re-write rules
- A MySQL database is NOT included. (We recommend using SQLite when working completely offline.)
Thank you for your support. If you like DraftCode, please leave a review on the App Store, it really helps!
If you can, please support DraftCode via the in App purchases too.
- New additional PHP 7.3 runtime available via in App purchase (same extensions than 7.2)
- Included WordPress package has been updated to v5.4
- Custom HTTP request headers now reflected correctly (this fixes problems with PHP relying on custom headers from AJAX requests, like the WordPress block editor)
- Fixes an issue with code error highlighting and PHP 7
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worth the price, and very simple and easy to use UI. Thank you very much!
If the editor had a search function that would be nice.
Without a doubt, the best PHP app available!
DraftCode is, by far, the best PHP development application for iPhone, and this is coming from a power user with years of experience testing out apps related to coding/scripting languages/web development; a good chunk of all the applications on my iPhone are in those categories, and I have over 458 applications in total.
DraftCode is easy to use, powerful, visually appealing, extremely useful, regularly updated and well-maintained. Not only that, but its developer is friendly, very easy to contact, and just as receptive to any feedback.
Well, if you thought DraftCodw couldn't get any better, it just did with the lastest update! Now it can run PHP 7.2.2, which adds the capability of utilizing GD, a very powerful graphics extension.
In conclusion, I'd like to say that, if you're doing some research on, and review surfing, DraftCode, the sole fact that you're reading this or any of its other reviews shows that you're already interested in possibly acquiring it; so, why not save some time? Stop researching and start downloading DraftCode right now! You will forever thank yourself afterwards for making such an awesome decision.
Doesn’t fully support iCloud files. It won’t automatically update the file on iCloud, you’ll need to “move” it back. This is the biggest issue I have.
Only includes an outdated, discontinued and unsupported version of PHP for the $14 it costs. Demands $7 for a reasonably recent version. Second issue.
No swipe gestures throughout the UI, creating slight delays between tasks. Not a dealbreaker but inconvenient.
Doesn’t include multiple syntax colour themes independent of the UI theme. No biggie, but you best hope you like their colour scheme.
Hmm. Feels half-baked to me. It has SO MUCH potential... Not overly impressed.
- Solesignal Limited
- 85.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Solesignal Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- PHP 7.2 Runtime $5.49
- PHP 7.3 Runtime $8.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.